Information Systems Security Analyst (Information Systems Security Analyst I)* 9/1/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Title
INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY ANALYST (INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY ANALYST I)*
APS-ARTI LLC (AAJV) is currently recruiting for an Information Systems Security Analyst (Information Systems Security Analyst I) in support of a contract with the Department of State at our Rosslyn, VA location. Position is full-time, exempt. Start date is immediate upon selection and security clearance processing as required.
This position is located in the Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Office of Information Security, Special Security Office (DS/IS/SSO). The individual applies specialized experience and technical experience with risk-based assessment and authorization tasks of information systems that involves assessing their compliance with the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503, Information Technology Systems Security Risk Management, Assessment and Authorization, and the Federal Information Security Management Act of 2002/Management Act of 2014 (FISMA) requirements. Duties include performing continuous monitoring, the conduct of detailed security analyses, ensuring that appropriate physical, technical and administrative safeguards are included in information systems and applications, and quarterly formal documentation preparation and review with security managers.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Conduct detailed security analyses, vulnerability assessments and internal reviews of existing telecommunications, information processing, and office automation hardware operating systems, utilities, applications, software and facilities. Planning and conducting security accreditation reviews for initial installation of systems and networks using such capabilities as vulnerability and network analysis, VoIP and wireless network analysis.
* Monitoring and evaluating a system's compliance with information technology security requirements in accordance with ICD 502/503, ICS 500-27, CNSSI 1253 and NIST 800-53 and 53A, security controls.
* Documenting a system's compliance in accordance with above Directives, Instructions, and per the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA).
* Awareness of current information security issues and ability to interpret the requirements of relevant policies and standards set forth in NIST documentation, specifically, 800-37, 800-137, FIPS 199/200, etc.
* Assist with any development of policy addressing the protection of classified and sensitive information for program implementation to include special access programs, and operations security requirements utilizing Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) risk management principles.
* BS / BA degree (IT field preferred) plus 5 years of information security, continuous monitoring security experience. Additional years of related experience may be substituted for an undergraduate degree, or additional years of education may be substituted for years of related experience.
* Any of the following certifications are preferred: Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), CompTIA Security+, CompTIA CASP.
* Must have a working knowledge and experience with the Xacta software.
* Must have excellent written and oral communications skills, and the ability to interact with individuals at all levels.
* Must have excellent organizational skills, and the ability to work independently and as a member of the team.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines and handle pressure situations is a must.
Mandatory Requirement: Applicants selected for this position may be subject to a Government Security Investigation and must meet eligibility for access to classified information, Top Secret/SCI clearance level.
If you are interested in this position, please submit your resume and salary requirements. Our preferred method for receiving your resume is to apply on-line. Apply On-line at: http://www.aajv.com/careers
All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or protected veteran status. AAJV takes affirmative action in support of its policy to and advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. AAJV is also a member of DHS E-Verify Program.