Information Technology Data Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/20/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
National General Insurance Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description
Provide expert business knowledge and work as a liaison between Information Technology, the business, and end-users to ensure the accuracy, timeliness, relevance, and consistency of data throughout the organization.
* Aids in the support of data loads to the data warehouse
* Defines data requirements and data dictionaries around new and existing data
* Ensures integrity of data is maintained
* Creates ad hoc reports and satisfies data inquiries
* Evaluates business data requests to determine feasibility, define alternatives and recommend solutions
* Reviews data for accuracy and recommends enhancements to data acquisition processes to improve accuracy of operational and analytical data
* Identifies areas for data quality improvement and helps resolve data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies
* Bachelor's Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
* 2+ years of experience in the insurance industry
* Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of SQL server and oracle database environments
* Knowledge of report generation tools (e.g., Golden and SAS)
* Read data models and formulate SQL
* Understand and translate user needs into program specifications
* Conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
* Attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer service expectations
* Learn new applications and systems
* Process complex data from multiple sources
* Prioritize multiple projects and complete work on time
* Works independently with little supervision and be able to participate on a team
* Problem solving ability
* Health insurance experience preferred
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.