Information Technology Manager 9/8/2016
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY As an integral member and the leader of the Information Technology Department for our client, this position will provide leadership, strategic direction and extraordinary customer service to our external vendors, auditors, senior management and internal team members in a professional and timely manner, setting an example to ELEVATE the bank's corporate culture of our Statement of Values and dedication to quality and service. Leads the Information Technology Department in accomplishing Department Business Plan objectives in line with the bank's strategic plan that will provide for a high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, ethical standards, goal attainment and the ongoing development of CWB's vision to become the leading Community Bank serving the Central Coast of California by total assets, market share and profitability.
Responsible for leadership and management of the Information Technology Department, and the alignment of technology resources with the strategic business objectives of the Bank. Recommends, plans, manages and implements short and long term strategies, tactics, work plans and projects that provide for orderly and cost effective development, installation and operation of information systems and computer technologies. Provides administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT Department. Develops and manages staff, including exempt professionals, supervisory/managerial and clerical/technical staff. Defines and implements IT policies, procedures, and best practices. This position performs all essential duties in compliance with regulatory requirements as well as Bank policies and procedures.
* Perform at a senior leadership level to recommend and develop information technology strategy and long term business plans that support the Bank's strategic plan.
* Function as a member of the Senior Management team and chair the Information Technology Steering Committee.
* Institute as needed, operate and continually improve upon the Company's systems for measuring and improving information technology performance.
* Ensure effective organization infrastructure for the information technology activities by selecting and implementing management systems, programming tools and system products, written guidelines, organization standards and functions, and workplace methods and procedures that are standards of best practices in the banking industry and supportive attainment of organizational goals.
* Reinforce minimal risk and maximum growth.
* Maintain effective communications with all operating departments to assure present and future business needs are met in a timely manner.
* Provide leadership in the establishment of systems and technology development.
* Prepare annual budget for division and establish controls to stay within the budget.
* Monitor the security of corporate data and systems.
* Keep abreast of current and new legislation and regulatory changes to ensure compliance.
* Evaluate and recommend new products and services as well as sources of computer systems, communication systems, hardware, software or services to meet the needs of the Bank.
* Keep abreast of new technology to ensure the delivery of cost effective products and systems.
* Serve as the Team Leader of the Information Technology Team for the Bank's Disaster Recovery Plan.
* Maintain overall responsibility to provide for the continuance of the daily operation of the Bank regarding network services, connectivity for data processing/item processing and customized computer equipment.
* Develop and manage the IT department staff to expand existing skill sets and provide opportunities for growth.
* Complete all required regulatory training as assigned within deadlines established including BSA, Bank Security and any other training as assigned.
* Other duties and projects as assigned by the COO.