Informix DBA 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION :
* Install INFORMIX server v 12.10, client with respect to appropriate version, release and patch level.
* Install patches, Upgrades minor release, Install and configure new features upon agreement with OpCo.
* Creation of Database (builds and manage database including FILEGROUP and system/infrastructure users.
* Upgrades databases according to the Component Catalogue if approved by the appropriate OpCo Application Teams and compliant with the OpCos applications hosted.
* Responsible for recovery of the database using INFORMIX TOOLS.
* Maintaining INFORMIX Standards for set up of Production INFORMIX DBs
* Maintaining INFORMIX Standards for set up of Test/Acceptance INFORMIX DBs
* Responsible for improvement and maintenance of the databases to include rollout and upgrades
* Test database failover test
* DB Performance Management - Pro-active and Tuning INFORMIX and database.
* Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases.
* Predicting future INFORMIX trends for linear FILEGROUP (per instance) growth and space management.
* Perform data refresh from production systems, wherever the infrastructure is available
* Implement workarounds and solutions to solve incidents and problems, in close collaboration and according to OpCos needs.
* Databasetroubleshooting and problem root cause analysis.
* Secure DB according to security policies
* Auditing/Intruder detection on DBMS level.
* Problem management