This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Consumer Electronics Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTITLE: INFOTAINMENT TESTER
DURATION: 12-24 MONTHS CONTRACT
LOCATION: DETROIT, MI
At GM Global Connected Customer Experience, we are finding ways to bring your digital life into your car and your car into your digital life. One way is with our application ecosystem. The application ecosystem creates a familiar app shop environment where customers can browse and download useful and compelling apps that operate in a harmonious and safe way in the vehicle. Coupled with OnStar's 4GLTE wifi hotspot, we will bring a superior and elegant experience to our customers. We are looking for an ambitious and creative quality analyst tester with mobile application experience who is passionate about mobile apps, automobiles, and Detroit and who believes they can confidently contribute to the testing, certification, and delivery of new features in the application ecosystem.
As a member of the systems integration team, this individual will work hand in hand with stakeholders and software developers throughout the entire product development lifecycle in order to define, design, develop, and deliver ground breaking applications that re-define the vehicle ownership experience. This individual will have the opportunity to work in multiple areas of testing, including testing GM developed apps, platforms for GM's current vehicle architecture, and platforms for future architectures.
THE MAIN ACTIVITIES OF THE ROLE ARE:
* Execute test plans/cases and report on results
* Communicate testing results in conjunction with test plans. Represent defects into the development process.
* Identify and analyze defects/test results and be able to deduct the chain of events leading to a failure.
* Help develop, document, and implement applicable QA processes and procedures to provide more effective quality methods within the group in support of providing quality products.
* Create, implement, maintain, and enhance test plans, test scripts, and test methodologies that ensure exhaustive testing of all assigned products.
* Develop software quality test plans and test cases, and lead in setting and maintaining the standards for Software Quality Assurance test documentation.
* Collaborate with Product Manager, Scrum Product Owner, stakeholders, and development teams in order to help refine the Product Backlog by way of User Stories. This person will their expertise to help elaborate User Stories and ensure proper and complete acceptance criteria.
* Collaborate with developers to improve overall product quality by emphasizing defect prevention throughout the development process.
* Identify areas for test improvement through analysis, experience and use of metrics.
* Participate in daily scrum activities.
* Experience testing mobile applications
* Experience writing black box and GUI test cases, designing tests to mitigate risks, and helping business experts define requirements
* Experience in context-based, exploratory, or scenario testing (Agile Testing)
* Detailed knowledge of Android and iOS Interface Guidelines (IG) a plus
* Knowledge of and desire to work in an Agile development environment (preferably Scrum)
* Experience collaborating on some level with programmers and business experts
* Ability to work as part of a self-directed team, in which you determine your tasks on a daily basis in coordination with co-workers, rather than waiting for work to be assigned to you
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
* Creative problem solving skills and ability to effectively communicate and translate feedback, needs and solutions
* Strong teamwork orientation and the ability to foster collaboration within and across teams
* Solid work ethic and strong sense of ownership of end result
* Experience with ExperiTest SeeTest a plus
* Experience writing simple SQL queries and insert/update statements, and basic grasp of Oracle or another relational database a plus
* Experience with scriptinglanguages (Perl, Ruby,Python, Jython, Groovy, Tcl), and/or open source test tools (Fit, FitNesse, Canoo WebTest, HtmlUnit or others), and/or commercial test tool scripting languages, and/or programming in any language a plus