This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 2/14/2017
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
JOB DESCRIPTIONCome join Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey as we celebrate being ranked 3rd on the 2016 InformationWeek Elite 100. One of the industry's most prestigious awards, the InformationWeek Elite 100 corporate rankings spotlight the most accomplished business technology innovators
The Technology Architect is a key member of the CTO team responsible for strategic planning and design of technology services, including the overall infrastructure design and build of standard and custom elements of various projects and services. This role works as a leader within the CTO organization, working with Application Developers, IT Engineers, and Enterprise Architects to deliver complete technology services and solutions for the customer, with extensive expertise in infrastructure through middleware services, inclusive of Cloud delivery. The role is responsible for enterprise technology strategy and planning, designing and developing efficient implementations of current services, as well as providing roadmaps and delivery plans for future services and capabilities.
* Responsible for playing a lead on a team of technology architects and planners to achieve enterprise technology goals and service delivery.
* Deliver infrastructure and cloud services through complex technology based projects, services and initiatives.
* Research, develop and implement strategic plans for technology services across the business for all compute delivery requirements, from base infrastructure through middleware services.
* Develop information systems as strategic tools to help businesses compete in a global environment.
* Analyze emerging technologies and make recommendations for adaptation.
* Co-team with the Solutions Architecture teams to produce technology strategies, plans, and specifications for custom development and systems integration requirements, especially where new technology is required.
* Produce detailed technical design documents and presentations to match solution and service design specifications for infrastructure/cloud services (server, storage, network, appliances).
* Lead project and design meetings with both customers and technology delivery areas, particularly engineering, application development and operational delivery groups.
* Implement a repeatable, process-based approach to meeting organizational goals.
* Manage development and solution designs across multiple projects to meet project and customer required time lines.
* Participate in internal projects and strategy sessions as required.
* Maintain current Enterprise Architecture certifications and obtain new certifications as needed.
Skills and Abilities:
* Ability to understand IT business requirements and information architecture designs and to convert them into infrastructure solution designs.
* Thorough understanding of and/or ability to solution service offerings for both Infrastructure (including outsourcing best practices, transition, and ITIL) and Application Development and Maintenance (including a basic understanding of various programming languages, SOA, and DevOps frameworks)
* Experience with API Management architecture, design and implementation.
* Should have hands-on expertise in many of the following infrastructure and middleware technologies: Data Center server, storage and networks stacks.
* Systems management tools including monitoring solutions (IBM Tivoli, Microsoft SCCM, BMC), workflow and orchestration tools (BPM, ServiceNow, Enterprise Schedulers), Integration/EAI technologies (e.g. SOAP, ESB, MQ), development tools (C++ Java/J2EE, .NET and related technologies (JSON, XML, etc.)), and Database technologies (Oracle, SQL, DB2, MySQL, JDBC).
* Good knowledge and understanding of Web Service APIs for integration purposes.
* Strong presentation and communication skills in public and private meeting forums.
* Knowledge in web-based systems, service-based, and application architecture as well as experience balancing technology alternatives against business and financial constraints.
* Thought leadership in emerging web design technologies, web design integration, analytics, prototyping, database driven content and web based user interfaces.
* Must demonstrate good judgment and pragmatic approach to delivering technology that optimizes architectural and engineering activities across company needs, business constraints and technological realities
* Ability to work in team oriented environments.
* 10+ years of relevant experience in technology solutions and delivery, managing professional services, and leading technical IT teams.
* B.S. or higher degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred, or comparable technical degrees.
* AWS or equivalent certifications
* Thorough understanding of Cloud Computing: virtualization technologies, Infrastructure as a Service,Platform as a Service and Software as a Service Cloud delivery models and the current competitive landscape.
* Thorough understanding of infrastructure (firewalls, load balancers, hypervisors, storage,monitoring, security, etc.) and experience with orchestration to develop cloud solutions
* ITIL Certified
* Experience with common systems management, application frameworks and IT security practices and solutions (IBM, Microsoft, Cisco and/or EMC certifications a plus)
* TOGAF Certification.
* Understanding of Hybrid Cloud solutions and experienced in integrating public cloud into traditional hosting/delivery models.
* Experienced at producing multi-tier, high-availability infrastructure architectures in an Enterprise & cloud environment adhering to DR, Business Continuity and availability best practices.
* Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools (e.g. MQSeries / Data Power, Informatica, Cognos).
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability and any other protected class as required by federal, state or local law.