Infrastructure Architect/PA V 8/12/2016
University of California - Los Angeles Medical Centers
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Title:
Infrastructure Architect/PA V
$42.72 / $7433
$84.39 / $14683
Layoff Referral Deadline:
* Architect and implement logical & physical architecture for OHIA infrastructure and applications
* Coordinate with the internal teams to design, plan, procure and implement server, network and storage infrastructure.
* Maintain diagrams and documentation on all physical and virtual server inventory and network infrastructure.
* Design & implement disaster recovery environments of critical infrastructure.
* Working with internal teams, design, implement security and security best practices
* Troubleshoot hardware, storage and network performance issues.
* Collaborate with the service desk team on network and other related support issues.
* Implement and audit security policy, operating system and application maintenance plans.
* Plan and implement database security and audit processes.
* Define, plan and monitor capacity and performance metrics and provide hardware and storage usage, trending and growth forecast.
* Evaluate and assess new products & technologies and estimate hardware, network and storage requirements
* In-depth understanding of the network storage and data center operations.
* Should be able to set the best practices and standards for the team to follow.
* Resolve escalated issues outside normal hours when necessary.
* Responsible for long-term planning and architecture to ensure systems are scalable to accommodate long term growth.
* Design and implement infrastructure solution for the various projects.
* Determine server size for the given requirements and deliver documentation for the implementation.
* Creation, implementation, auditing and enforcement of best practices.
* Server sizing, hardware and storage requirements and help with procurement.
* Product evaluation and provide the matrix on product evaluation to the leadership to help in decision-making.
* Collaborate and provide specifications to the infrastructure group on server setup requirements.
* Design and implement disaster recovery plans.
* Inventory the existing infrastructure and translate it to the network architecture diagrams.
Develop blue prints for the new infrastructure and hardware requirements for the various projects.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
* Degree or equivalent experience in one of the following subject areas: Computer Science, Information Technology or related field preferred
* 7-10 years strong enterprise-level infrastructure implementation and data center operations.
* 7-10 years strong enterprise-level experience implementing complex Server infrastructure
* Demonstrated expertise in hardware, documentation techniques, and systems analysis is required.
* The ability to solve system-related problems by using diagnostic techniques and protocols is required.
* Prior experience in long-term capacity and performance planning.
* Must be willing to work outside of normal business hours on high priority escalated issues
* Ensure storage infrastructure and data have high availability and are functioning at optimal performance.
* Prior experience on working with the vendors for software and hardware procurement.
* Prior experience is designing logical and physical network infrastructure diagrams
* Experience working with the firewall configuration and troubleshooting issues related to it.
* Experience designing, planning, procuring and implementing server, network and storage infrastructure.
* Experience working with Windows server, including Active Directory
* Prior experience of working with healthcare and datacenter will be a big plus.
* Should be able to audit and monitor server setups for security and also provide trend and forecast reports on hardware and storage requirements
* Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Flexible, team player, get-it-done personality
* Ability to organize and plan work independently
Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment