Infrastructure Consultant with Active Top Secret Clearance (1439) 8/31/2016
Applied Information Sciences, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Our Federal Practice is seeking a Top Secret Cleared Infrastructure Engineer to support our clients in the DC Metro Area! As a member of the IT Infrastructure team, you will be supporting all SQL server and VMware system initiatives and collaborate directly with our development teams and customers to ensure our deployed applications integrate into our client environments.
AIS (http://www.appliedis.com) is a highly regarded technical services firm specializing in custom application development and managed services. We invest in technology as early adopters so we can leverage new innovations to deliver transformative solutions for our customers while engaging with them to solve their problems. We are market leaders and have achieved significant deployments in our areas of focus with "Cloud Services", "Agile Business Automation", Enterprise IT Services" and "DevOps". But what really sets up apart? Simply put - our people.
Help Us Deliver Successful Projects!
* Utilize knowledge of systems architecture to create a strong core for application development.
* Draw on at least three years of system administration experience to assist with the core infrastructure for both internal projects and external projects for our clients.
* Update and monitor SQL Server 2012 databases.
* Tune and monitor SQL 2012, 2014 and 2016 Servers.
* Collaborate with members of the development team and project managers to deliver solutions that surpass client expectations.
* Use knowledge of SQL Server, VMware, Active Directory, DNS, AD, and Azure administration to complete a variety of projects.
* Create new Virtual Machines using Windows 2012 Server.
* Utilize consulting and documentation skills to successfully complete project-based work.
* Use knowledge of servers, PC's, and networks to ensure the environment works correctly.
* Ability to obtain/maintain a DoD Top Secret security clearance in order to gain access to client sites and networks.
* Be open to commuting in and around the DC Metro area in order to be present at client sites for work including Arlington, Virginia
Profile of Success:
* Utilize Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science and 4-8 years of experience in systems engineering to design virtual platforms to support developers
* Use in-depth experience with networks, systems, and client-facing skills to create innovative business solutions
* Desire to gain or use extra-curricular certifications as part of ongoing professional growth
Other Desirable Skills:
* Current CompTIA Security+ Certification preferred or the ability to obtain CompTIA Security+ Certification within 30 days of employment required
* Experience with SharePoint 2010 or SharePoint 2013, InfoPath, Windows Workflow or comparable technologies
* Desire to gain exposure to cloud technologies such as Azure
* Acquired Microsoft certifications, especially MCSE
* Some project management experience
* Experience with disaster recovery efforts for IT
Client Site Locations: DC Metro Area (Downtown DC, Maryland, and Northern Virginia)
*Consultants' assigned client sites are subject to change due to the consultative nature of our work. If you can be flexible with your commute tolerance, you will be afforded many opportunities. Flexibility is key, and something we value in our people.
As a services company, our people are what makes us who we are. We are technologists/consultants/problem solvers/builders - all of it wrapped up in one. Customers, partners, former and current employees alike, highlight the caliber of those working at AIS. We hire smart people, but lots of companies say that. Beyond being smart, we attract individuals that are inquisitive and self-motivated to learn new technologies and figure things out. We like to say the best way to learn about something is by building stuff.
Our culture is one of continuous self-improvement and this comes by way of knowledgeable colleagues, a focus on innovation and the right level of resources to learn and share. This extends to our clients, partners and local technical communities. We actively engage with these groups to contribute, foster advancement and build on our expertise. We determine, as a company, our future investments in technology so we can build and try new things.
Interested in applying?
If this sounds like an interesting environment, then we invite you to apply. At AIS, the Recruiting team is dedicated to optimizing your candidate experience. This is a great place to work for folks that are self-directed. We are entrepreneurial and are looking for consultants with the drive and perseverance to make something out of an opportunity.
What can AIS offer you?
Medical, vision, and dental health insurance; paid overtime; training; certification bonuses; state of the art development tools; 401k match; ESOP; tuition reimbursement; company events and a really fun holiday party are all a part of why you should come work here. One last thing, we have really great technical minds to learn from, and let's face it, there's always something new to learn.
Applied Information Sciences is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis covered by law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need..