Infrastructure Engineer- NOC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 10/22/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job ID: 20150820-6086-AC
Company Name: AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) is the scientific leader and most respected provider of risk modeling software and consulting. We currently run a state-of-the art infrastructure which requires 100% availability.
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated experienced IT infrastructure engineer to assist and managing infrastructure of a growing enterprise with 8 world-wide offices. Individual must be a self-starter who can assist in leading projects and solve complex issues from start to finish with little supervision.
* Monitor and maintain Infrastructure service and operations
* Participate and support the implementation of technologies and platforms of the Infrastructure team
* Support and monitor system and server infrastructure based primarily on Microsoft, Dell, Cisco and VMWare technologies
* Assist in design, operation and troubleshooting of technology platforms and procedures
* Other special projects and technology initiatives as required
* Requires tedious detail to properly install, label and appropriately route network cables
* Must adhere to datacenter cabling guidelines
* 3+ years IT experience with strong understanding of IT infrastructure, theories, principles, and practices
* Strong knowledge of Windows 2008 and 2012
* VMware administration
* Strong knowledge of Active Directory administration, DHCP, DNS.
* Knowledge of System and Data backups - including data replication, disk and tape based backup.
* Practical understanding of networking - routing, subnets, UDP, TCP, IP and VLANs
* Experience with PowerShell for Administration and Automation
* Experience with Exchange 2010 or newer architecture, services and support
* Excellent communication skills and experience effectively communicating with technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated efficient and effective use of problem-solving and task prioritization to solve complex infrastructure challenges
* After-hours and weekend work will be required including participation in the department on call rotation
* Occasional travel to domestic and international sites may be required
* Lifting up to 45lbs as required, ability to relocate and move servers and network equipment
* Attention-to-detail and excellent troubleshooting skills
* Linux OS skills a plus
Education and Training:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
* Certification such as MCP, MCSA, MCSE, VCP a plus
* 3-5 years of experience
Please note we are not open to Corp-to- Corp; No 3rd party resumes will be accepted.
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
AIR Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.