Infrastructure Engineer 8/24/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION:
- Oversees vendor relationship and delivery of outsourced IT infrastructure - Supporting IT infrastructure, partners with senior management to evaluate vendor performance, needs assessment, spend optimization and risk management. - Directs the lifecycle activities for existing contracts. - Identifies new technology solutions and works closely with internal business partners to forecast future IT infrastructure needs and to develop cost effective strategies aligned with business objectives. - Drives the strategy and selection of vendors. - Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel, including outsourced partner personnel, to ensure the efficient operation of the function. - Responsible for delivering results that have direct impact on the achievement of results within the job area, and may also impact a wider operational area - Regularly leads projects requiring coordination with other functions or suppliers while providing guidance to less experienced team members - Independently resolve complex projects, issues, challenges encountered Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. - May assist more junior staff members with aspects of their job - May coordinate work with third parties, vendors, or trade customers - Plan activities with other team members
- 8+ years of experience in the area of IT Infrastructure architecture design and system administration
- Specific experience in the area of data center and cabling infrastructure and asset management lifecycle is required
- Strong project management skills with 5+ years experience in this area is required.
- Network architecture experience a plus
- Experience with IT operations within a large global company including the oversight of outsourced operational staff
- Experience in contract and vendor management
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience and fully qualified in own function plus working knowledge of others
- Applies in-depth job knowledge to a wide range of multiple or complex tasks
- Knowledge of company policies and practices Work is independent and collaborative in nature. - - Provides regular updates to manager on project/account status.
- No instructions on routine work
- Must have ability to travel
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.