Infrastructure Project Manager 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job description:
Ability to travel up to 20% including international travel.
The Infrastructure Project Manager is responsible for the work being performed on highly complex and significant project effort including cost, schedule, technical performance, customer satisfaction and people management relative to technical performance in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures and best business practices. Manages projects and associated subprojects and leads multifunctional teams to achieve objectives. Sets goals, ensures that they are met and is responsible for continuous process improvement. Responsible for processes across all organizational lines. Exercises judgment in planning and organizing work; monitors performance and reports status. Uses best business practices to ensure success in areas of responsibility. Has specific process development and portfolio management activities. This individual will be a highly motivated Project Manager who can contribute in multiple disciplines across the infrastructure service offering. Being process focused and detail oriented are key success factors for this role.
To enable his/her success, this role will lead large infrastructure engineering activities on a per solution basis and assist in the establishment of standard based technology stacks designed to reduce cost, increase availability and/or reduce labor. Deliverables will include creating project plans, work breakdown structures, architectural review documents, design reviews, change and release management documents.
* Work with the operational and engineering teams to understand requirements and specifications for external facing systems in the areas of architecture, availability, operational flexibility, capacity, monitoring, and low cost operations.
* Work with the development team to ensure applications meet operational requirements and SLA goals.
* Responsible for allocating matrixed IT resources to the many external facing program initiatives.
* Serves as IT liaison to broad core team and represents IT's contributions and interests.
* Establishes trust and credibility at all levels of the organization.
* Research and forecast new technology capabilities and their applicability within the greater organization.
* Other duties as assigned.
o Maintains release schedules, demand management and process development for configuration, change and release management.
o Facilitates architectural discussions and direction for infrastructure.
o Documents and records business requirements for SaaS solution services.
o Manage environment planning, build requirements and work plans, including infrastructure/application roadmaps.
* Provides operational trending, analysis and availability metrics.
* Facilitates enhancement requests related to infrastructure.
* Facilitates maintenance process and scheduling.
* Facilitates environment management and upgrade paths.
* A Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Engineering, Businesses, a related field, or equivalent.
* Typically, a minimum of ten plus years of progressively more responsible experience and broad knowledge in field as well as three plus years of supervisory/people management experience.
* Has broad multi-disciplinary technical infrastructure knowledge with expertise in multiple specialties including networking, storage and platforms.
* Position requires comprehensive experience in managing project teams and the delivery of products; formal training in Program/Project Management or Program Management Professional Certification is required.
* Requires ability to extract IT specific requirements from general, often unclear program/project core teams.
* Must be skilled at delegation, follow-up, and team building as well as a history of being able to multi-task and meet multiple project schedules on time.
* Must be able to work cooperatively and productively with others.
* Comprehensive evaluation skills, originality and ingenuity are musts as are demonstrated verbal and written analytical/problem solving, communication, negotiation, interpersonal and presentation skills are essential; the ability to understand and comply with applicable PCI regulatory requirements and Company operating procedures, processes, policies, and rules is also required.
* Proven project management/technical oversight experience with the ability to create innovative solutions and drive to closure, manage timelines/deadlines and foresee opportunities to improve and harmonize business processes across sites, divisions, geographies, etc. and initiate appropriate action.
* Highly organized, capable of multi-tasking and capable of coordinating/aligning resources under an integrated project plan.
* Demonstrated ability to lead project teams, manage resources and mentor personnel, especially those that are not direct reports. Previous supervisory or project management experience preferred.
* Advanced personal computer skills including spreadsheet skills, word processing, data base management and other relevant project management applications.
* Excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills required to interact with the business and executive management.