Infrastructure Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONInfrastructure Project Manager (2 openings)
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER
On behalf of our client, Procom Services is searching for a Infrastructure Project Manager for a contract opportunity in Durham, NC.
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER JOB DETAILS
The Project Manager will be responsible for ensuring that the project produces the required deliverables, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost. The Project Manager is normally responsible for medium to large complexity and or medium to large risk projects. This will include managing the governance, scope, costing, scheduling, communications, planning & tracking, terms Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalizes on equity and partnership opportunities.
- Manage activities of project resources and develops a team of personnel resources. Defines the roles and responsibilities of the project team, forecasts and establishes the project team and ensures that the team understands the task that is to be undertaken.
- Complies with and enforces FAI standard policies and procedures and works across practices to share lessons learned and best practices.
- Designing, testing and documentation of computer applications that FNA uses in providing services to our customers. Such as Service Desk ticketing software, Problem Management applications, Asset Management applications, Monitoring tools, to name a few. (all of which are software applications)
- Key elements by which resources at that level are measured:
Project delivered within contractual obligations - on time, high quality and within budget
- Client Satisfaction targets per client survey
- Governance, risk management and other explicit control requirements adherence
- Contribute to professional community through production and reusable content from other projects and lessons learned
- Contribution to business development thru identification of new opportunities
- Accountable for delivering medium to high complexity and or medium to high risk projects (normally $500k project budget or more)
- Has ultimate authority to direct others and ensure project aligns with contractual obligations and client's expectation; Commercial decision making authority within restraints of the documented FAI Signature Authority Process
- Is fully accountable for own work and/or project/supervisory responsibilities
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Makes decisions that influence the success of projects and team objectives
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER MANDATORY SKILLS
- Typically 8 + years IT project management experience
- PMP certification and/or ITIL certification a plus
- Detailed understanding of project management methodologies
- High level conceptual understanding of IT domains (desktop, server, security, network, COTS applications, storage, database, WAN, LAN)
- Ability to communicate at senior levels and good commercial and influencing skills
- Delivered more than 10 projects and experience of at least 2 types of project at different stages in lifecycle
- Planning, financial and budgetary control skills
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Project, SharePoint and related "Project Management tool" CA Clarity a plus
- Experience in the following types of projects in a Client facing role:
- Server hardware/virtual refresh
- Data Center Migrations, Installations, Moves or Consolidations
- Operating Systems migrations and upgrades (Window, NT, etc.)
- AD/Exchange upgrades
- COTS application upgrades (commercial off the shelf) (examples-Netscaler, VPN, AppSense, Lync, SharePoint)
- Office 365 deployments
- Infrastructure Expansions
- Single Sign on deployments
- VOIP Deployments
NFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER START DATE
INFRASTRUCTURE PROJECT MANAGER ASSIGNMENT LENGTH