Infrastructure Project Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Infrastructure Project Manager
* Lead several enterprise-wide network infrastructure refresh projects over the course of 9-10 months. Implementation will span dozens of locations across Massachusetts.
* Interact regularly with existing or potential stakeholders and business units to determine needs and develop plans for delivery. Work cross-functionally with internal and external teams to solve problems and implement changes.
* Follow a defined, agreed-upon project management methodology. Present oral and written reports defining plans, problems, and resolutions to appropriate levels of management.
* Lead aspects of organizational change.
* Identify opportunities for business process improvements within project scope.
* Proactively engage present and future stakeholders in design, priority setting, and implementation, according to the business' strategic initiatives as conveyed by the Enterprise Engineering Manager.
* Coordinate efforts between internal management, internal technical support staff, external service providers, and hardware vendors as necessary.
* Develop work plans, schedules, and negotiate client deadlines of short term and long-range initiatives.
* Tracking issues and status reporting.
* Continually look for opportunities to improve and automate current processes.
* Ensure adherence and compliance to department policies, guidelines and objectives.
* Travel to locations around the state as required to ensure implementation success with minimal to no impact to the local users.
Skills & Experience
* Experience managing network infrastructure projects (switches, routers, circuits, and wiring)
* PMI/PMP certification preferred but not required
* Experience working with healthcare and/or human services agencies, either public or non-profit
* Minimum 5 years of project management experience in roles of increasing responsibility, including experience successfully managing multiple projects simultaneously.
* Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of indirect or matrixed staff.
* Bachelor's degree preferred. Equivalent work experience is acceptable.
* A working proficiency with the following tools:
* MS-Project or a similar Project Management tool
* MS-Office suite (Excel, Word, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Access, etc.)
* Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of professional discipline.
* Thorough understanding of project management phases and techniques:
* Prepare: definition/scope/requirements
* Execute & Control: scope, work plans, resources, deliverables, Q/A, transition planning, etc.
* Close: completion and assessment
* An understanding of who the business and end users are and what their individual needs are. Able to provide realistic expectations, establish specific client satisfaction standards and actively monitor client satisfaction. (Applying the ITIL framework.)
* An understanding of how and when to make a choice or escalate issues to higher levels. Able to analyze the risks and future impact of decisions. Able to make decisions and take timely independent action in pursuit of priorities when necessary.
* Strong issue & problem management including root cause analysis and troubleshooting skills.
* Strong adherence to configuration management practices.
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing (clearly and succinctly).
* Comfortable with all methods of communication (i.e. email, mobile, texts, etc.)
* Experienced in providing ongoing maintenance and support of IT systems and user communities.
* Capable of working independently or as part of a large team.
* Experience in maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information.
* Valid driver's license and access to a vehicle.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.