Infrastructure Systems Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. At Hytek Finishes, we provide specialized surface treatments, chemical finishing and non-destructive testing to the aerospace and defense industry. We hold processing approvals for every major airframe manufacturer and process parts for a base of over 600 customers worldwide.
Industry: Hytek Finishes is a subsidiary of Esterline Technologies Corporation and a member of the Esterline Engineered Materials platform of companies.
Number of Employees: 250+
Reports to: Infrastructure Systems Administrator
Works with: Corporate and business unit staff, Operations, Finance, Vendors, Consultants
Location: Kent, WA
Type: Full-time, Regular
The System Administrator s role is to deploy, manage, and tune in-house server and storage systems and to ensure high levels of availability and security of the supported business applications. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Strategy & Planning
* Assist, when directed, in the design of long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans for managing and maintaining enterprise systems and storage.
* Remain current on enterprise systems and storage management techniques and best practices, conduct research on emerging technologies and recommend solutions that will increase cost effectiveness and flexibility.
* Develop, document and communicate plans for investing in enterprise systems and storage enhancements, including analysis of cost reduction opportunities.
* Ensure that proposed and existing enterprise systems and storage architectures are aligned with organizational goals and objectives.
* Provide technical expertise, guidance and direction to administrators and technicians.
* Ensure solutions meet or exceed the service level agreements established between IT and the business.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Deploy servers, storage, and related equipment and, in some cases, working with vendors to complete these tasks.
* Responsible for preparing RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for infrastructure projects and associated efforts.
* Planning and deploying of infrastructure security measures.
* Administer and maintain servers, storage, related equipment, and their operating systems.
* Ensure equipment is performing properly and according to service level agreements established between IT and the business.
* Work with Operations and Finance to coordinate data extraction and disseminate accurate information from the Syteline ERP system.
* Ability to set up and manage user profiles within the Syteline ERP System.
* Partner with Operations to ensure IT support for Esterline Operating System (EOS), including lean and continuous improvement tools.
* Corroborate with other Esterline Syteline Business Units for best practice sharing.
* Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems on servers, storage, and related equipment. Escalate incidents as necessary.
* Document and communicate all configuration changes in support of change management processes.
* Create and maintain documentation as it relates to design, configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
* Empower support community with self-service opportunities (tools, documentation, training)
* Perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
* Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, and other applications.
* Practice network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
* Occasionally participate on a team in system related projects.
* On-call availability may be required.
* Sitting for extended periods of time.
* Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
* Self-motivated, creative, and highly organized, with proven ability to meet deadlines, prioritize workload, and manage time effectively in a high pressure environment.
* Proven technical, analytical and problem-solving abilities
* Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Highly customer focused with the ability to develop solid relationships at all levels within the organization.
* Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
* Ability to lead training sessions, presentations, and meetings and present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language.
* Hands-on experience with business requirements gathering/analysis.
* Proven project planning experience.
* Experience utilizing process-driven techniques (e.g., Lean) to achieve positive change in the business environment.
* Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
* 5 years of experience with servers, storage, and related equipment
* 3 years of scripting and automation experience; conversant with programming languages and scripting tools such as C#, VB, PowerShell, SQL and T-SQL.
* Extensive experience in administering and maintaining servers and storage.
* Extensive experience in Hyper-V and related virtualization solutions.
* Deep knowledge of Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager (VMM)
* Deep knowledge of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager.
* Working knowledge of other Microsoft System Center products.
A demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies required for all employees: customer focus, ethics & values, problem solving, integrity & trust, functional/technical skills, listening, action-oriented, composure, values diversity.
Education/Previous Experience Requirements
* Four-year college diploma in the field of computer science or related field or equivalent work experience.
* Aerospace or Manufacturing industry experience preferred
Essential Mental/Physical Demands
Extensive use of hands in writing, use of computer and other office equipment. Ability to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. on an occasional basis. Sitting for long periods of time in an office environment. Walking throughout the facility. Use of safety equipment when necessary (goggles, boots, gloves, and aprons). Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Noise level in the production work environment is moderate.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).