Infrastructure Technical Analyst 8/14/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mastech is a growing company dedicated to innovation and teamwork. We are currently seeking an Infrastructure Technical Analyst for our client in the Engineering and Construction domain. We value our professionals, providing comprehensive benefits, exciting challenges, and the opportunity for growth. This is a Contract position and the client is looking for someone to start immediately.
Duration: 6 Months Contract
Location: Austin, TX 78729
Compensation: Best Market Rate
Role: Infrastructure Technical Analyst
Role Description: The Infrastructure Technical Analyst would need to have at least 2+ years of experience. This Candidate will support the Global IT Director with various day to day activities for the Global Infrastructure Operations teams.
He/She will assist with creation of management reports to track assets and monthly inventory reports for all physical and virtual servers.
Qualified candidates will have an understanding of infrastructure, strong data management skills, be able to analyze and compile data in Excel (combine spreadsheets), be able to read a Visio diagram, and perform basic server tasks.
- Provide administrative and operational support.
- Create daily/weekly management reports.
- Help manage and coordinate server provisioning requests to ensure appropriate information is reviewed by required teams in a timely manner.
- Assist with regularly scheduled inventory checks analyzing and combining various sources of data (Asset Management system and SharePoint).
- Perform reconciliation of inventory reports from various sources.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree.
- 2+ years of working in a support role within the organizations IT infrastructure department.
- 2+ years utilizing MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio, and SharePoint to track and manage infrastructure documentation and inventory.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of asset management or ITIL.
- Basic knowledge of server hardware models.
- Basic knowledge of storage, database, networking, and server technologies are considered a strong plus.
Education: Bachelor's degree
Experience: Minimum 2+ years
Relocation: No, this position will not cover relocation expenses
Local Preferred: Yes
Recruiter Name: Rob McCranie