Infrastructure Virtualization Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDesignated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As an IT Infrastructure Virtualization Engineer ( Information Systems Engineer III ) you will support US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM). You will support a IT service delivery architecture that provides critical services to 69000+ users worldwide. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI's mission: To deliver innovative, cost-effective solutions and services that enable our customers to rapidly adapt to dynamic environments.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Work collaboratively to design, implement, and support VMware data center/server, storage, and desktop virtualization environments.
* Provide tier 3 support to ensure continuous service availability for all IT services hosted in a virtual environment.
* Configure and maintain our Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) based virtual hosts.
* Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance.
* Demonstrated high level of proficiency in VMware vSphere Administration (ESXi 4/5/6).
* Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager, vCloud Director, vCloud Connector, vCenter Operations Manager & vRealize.
* Experience designing and implementing virtualization infrastructure to support VDI, and application delivery.
* Experience planning and implementing physical to virtual (P2V) migrations.
* Windows Server 2008-2012 R2 expertise.
* Understanding of Microsoft Active Directory & Group Policies.
* Experience scripting in vbscript or PowerShell.
* Experience managing large / distributed environments.
* Experience with Business Continuity / Disaster Recovery Planning.
* Experience with Data Center Optimization / Centralization.
* Solid understanding of Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) technologies.
* Understanding of SAN technologies (FC, FCOE, iSCSI, NFS, Determining LUN sizes/layout based on IOPS requirements).
* Experience developing technical diagrams with tools such as Microsoft Visio.
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in an IT related field.
* Demonstrated experience with small Hyper-V Environments.
* Prior experience supporting Special Operations Forces.
* Prior military service or support of government customers.
* Experience designing and implementing VMware distributed switch technology.
* ITIL V3 Foundation certification.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://nciinc.contacthr.com/50675800.jpg /