Inftrastructure Solution Architect 8/11/2016
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A direct San Jose, CA Client seeks an Infrastructure Solution Architect to provide expert technical leadership over infrastructure planning and design activities which include evaluation of our current environment, assessment of capability gaps, and definition of the target state and development of business cases for strategic investments in Infrastructure.
This is a Senior Technical Leadership role - the incumbent will provide leadership and guidance to the Infrastructure Services team on project solution design including vendor selection, concept validation, prototyping and the capturing of necessary artifacts.
This is a Contract-to-Hire opportunity - candidates must be able/willing to live in San Jose, CA and transition to FTE/Direct Hire at the end of an initial 6month contract.
Start Date: September, 2016
End Date: C2H, transition to FTE/Direct Hire after initial contract.
* Ability to conceptualize solutions to highly complicated technology opportunities and drive transformational solutions that result in substantial service improvements.
* Advanced knowledge of networkarchitecture and design for performance, reliability and security.
* Comprehensive knowledge of security standards and networksystem utilities.
* Understanding of Identity management and authentication concepts.
* Comprehensive knowledge of networkarchitecture, configuration, protocols, and interconnectivity requirements for internal/external information transmission.
* In depth knowledge of TCP, IP, voice and video networks and other network protocols for Cisco products.
* Advanced knowledge of how to configure and operate network management tools and/or network hardware, including routers, switches, firewalls.
* Comprehensive knowledge of local and wide area networks (LAN, WAN) and wireless system configuration(s) and protocol.
* Working knowledge of Cisco UC solutions, voice gears and technologies.
* Thorough knowledge of the windows concepts, domains, active directory and its concepts, and the interaction between hardware, operating systems, network, data center, and application software.
* Strong working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems and common systemsoftware
* Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtualsoftware.
* Strong knowledge of Project management principles, practices, and procedures (Agile/SDLC).
* Strong verbal and written communication skills to create project status reports.
* Ability to multi-task across technical projects, technologies and subject areas.
* Ability to lead and manage projects and change implementations in alignment with ITS best practices.
* Good leadership and coaching skills
* Skilled in UNIX script writing
Candidates must submit this completed RESPONSE MATRIX to be considered for the role.