Infusion IV Nurse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY- the Registered Nurse Clinician position is responsible for the provision of direct and indirect nursing care to patients/clients receiving home infusion therapy based on a modified primary nursing model and for the Initiation, implementation and oversight of an individualized nursing plan of care for each assigned Lincare Infusion Services nursing client. This employee also may be responsible for the oversight of Lincare patients receiving pharmacy or enteral product and services as well.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Attends work on a regular and predictable basis.
* Perform all duties in compliance with standards set forth by Lincare Infusion Services, State Regulatory Agencies and Board of Nursing, CDC, OSHA, and CHAP and practices within the legal boundaries of the licensed scope of practice and delivers all nursing care as ordered by the physician
* Assess patients referred for home infusion therapy including evaluation of support systems and home environment using patient/client selection criteria
* Provide direct and indirect nursing care to patients/clients receiving home infusion therapy based on a modified primary nursing model
* Educate the client/care giver(s) on the skills necessary to provide safe administration of home infusion therapy including prescribed therapy, access, equipment, home safety, pertinent disease processes, and outcome monitoring
* Assist in the development, revision and update of the Nursing Plan of Care, Plan of Treatment/485/DWO/CMN/SMN
* Monitor patient response and progress towards therapy goals
* Provide pre-discharge patient assessments when appropriate
* Communicate individualized patient needs and changes in condition to appropriate members of the home healthcare team including client/care giver, other Professional IV Clinicians, IV Nurse Manager, Clinical Coordinator, Physician(s), Pharmacist(s), alternate healthcare system(s), ancillary Services and/or community services.
* Act as a clinical resource to nursing agencies for the pharmacy's patients/clients for problem solving, additional education telephone consultation and/or in-home visits for problems with pumps, equipment, supplies and venous access devices.
* Protect the confidentiality, privacy and dignity of clients receiving care from Lincare Infusion Services.
* Completes all required nursing documentation thoroughly and accurately and submits it in a timely manner
* Perform 24-hour On-Call duties as scheduled to provide 24 hour availability and respond to emergency patient needs according to Lincare protocols
* Participates in the orientation of other staff as requested
* Participate in the development and revision of Lincare Infusion Services protocols and evaluate the effectiveness of existing protocols.
* Enforce and ensures that a Quality Assurance management program for all aspects of patient care is maintained and works with other managers and employees assisting with the collection, analysis, action planning and reporting of patient QA data and statistics.
* Promote the Lincare Infusion Services Quality through adherence to appropriate standards of practice and participation in trending reports
* Support marketing efforts of by assisting the sales team and providing educational programs to referral sources and support coordinated marketing efforts with sales representative
* Handles all medical waste or contaminated equipment according to safe handling techniques described in Company policy and procedure. Observe legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary information
* Perform other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V
QUALIFICATIONS- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE- Graduate of an accredited registered nurse education program located in the United States and in the state where employment will commence, or is licensed in another state that has compact reciprocity or is a graduate of a foreign nurse education program that is approved by the State Board of Nursing and has met all state and federal regulatory requirements for registered nurse licensure.1 year of experience in infusion nursing or comparable experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS- Maintains all certificates, licenses, registrations, Must be a registered nurse with a nursing license in good standing with the State Board of Nursing for which employment will commence or a compact state with reciprocity. Must possess and maintain all credentials required by current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification prior to the delivery of direct patient care. CRNI is preferred, but not required. Maintain a current insurable driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND EXPOSURE RISK - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of infusion nurse there may be routine exposure to blood-borne pathogens and potentially infectious disease while caring for patients. This position may be required to routinely prepare, administer or dispose of hazardous medications and waste depending on education and training.