Infusion Pharmacy Technician Level II 9/16/2016
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Level II Pharmacy Technician is responsible for providing technical support under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. The Level II technician works in any of the pharmacy areas. Technician s duties include preparing intravenous medications, manufacturing and compounding pharmaceutical products, inventory management, utilizing the various equipment and technology available in the pharmacy, and performing various quality control tasks as assigned. In addition, the level II technician participates in the training and orientation of new technicians and pharmacy students.
* Oral and written communication skills
* Attention to detail
* Accuracy and precision in compounding
* Prioritization and organization of work
* Basic computer skills
* Ability to handle frequent interruptions and adapt to changes in workload and work schedule
* Pharmaceutical calculations
* Proper aseptic technique and safe handling of antineoplastics, biologics and chemicals
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.
* High school graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited entry-level degree program for pharmacy or related field
* Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy Registration as Pharmacy Intern or Pharmacy Technician
* National Pharmacy Technician Certification required with the exception of pharmacy students
* Two to five years pharmacy technician experience, with one year of IV admixture and/or one year of oncology experience