Infusion Pharmacy Technicians
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 6/2/2017
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute
Located in Boston and the surrounding communities, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute brings together world renowned clinicians, innovative researchers and dedicated professionals, allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow's physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for providing technical support under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist. The Level I technician works in any of the pharmacy areas. Technician s duties include preparing intravenous medications, manufacturing and compounding pharmaceutical products, inventory management, utilizing the various equipment and technology available in the pharmacy, and performing various quality control tasks as assigned.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepares medication
* Prepares all medications accurately
* Works efficiently, able to maintain a steady workflow
* Assembles medications and materials in a neat and organized manner
* Demonstrates good aseptic technique
* Inventory Management
* Maintains adequate levels of stock medications and materials
* Participates in inventory management
* Has working knowledge of and is able to use all technology required to perform functions of daily duties
* Identify when technology is not working properly
* Participates in quality control
* Cleans pharmacy hoods and related areas as required by policy and procedure
* Identifies, removes, and replaces outdated medications/stock in pharmacy areas
* Disposes of and documents non reusable medications consistently and appropriately
* Maintains all required logs and documentation
* High school graduate or currently enrolled in an accredited entry-level degree program for pharmacy or related field
* Massachusetts Board of Pharmacy Registration as Pharmacy Intern or Pharmacy Technician
* National Pharmacy Technician Certification required with the exception of pharmacy students
* Two to five years pharmacy technician experience, with one year of IV admixture and/or one year of oncology experience
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an equal opportunity employer and affirms the right of every qualified applicant to receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, disability, age, ancestry, military service, protected veteran status, or other groups as protected by law.