Infusion RN (Registered Nurse) - $48/hr - Santa Monica, CA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/24/2016
Santa Monica, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGraduate of an accredited school of nursing
Current California RN license
Current Bio-Chemotherapy Certification
CPR (BCLS) Certified
Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred
Bachelor of Science in Nursing or in related field preferred
Minimum of two years postgraduate nursing experience and one year experience in oncology nursing.
Experienced and proficient in peripheral IV/central line access and phlebotomy.
1. Mix and administer chemotherapy/biotherapy, clinical trial drugs within established guidelines, as well as, maintaining supplies of needed chemotherapy drugs and medications.
2. Following chemotherapy/biotherapy protocols and clinical trial protocols as written and after proper inservice.
3. Responsible for overseeing medical assistant/LVNs in infusion center.
4. Responsible for checking charts each afternoon prior to the day's appointments.
5. Responsible for making sure protocol is signed off by physician and authorization obtained from billing office.
6. Carry out physicians' orders in a professional and timely manner.
7. Responsible for accurate and timely completion of daily charge slips.
8. Responsible for ordering and unpacking oncology drugs.
9. Draw blood samples as appropriate and perform phlebotomies. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and will consider all qualified candidates without regard to disability or protected veteran status.