Infusion Service Representative/Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
Fort Smith, AR
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title: Infusion Service Representative/Driver
Department: Infusion Services
Reports To: Center Manager, Pharmacy Manager or Nursing Manager
SUMMARY- the Infusion Service Representative/Driver is responsible for the appropriate, timely delivery of equipment, supplies and medications to patients receiving home infusion services in their homes, clinics, hospitals, nursing homes and other alternate care settings as necessary
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES- include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Attends work on a regular and predicable basis.
* Responsible for contacting patients and/or caregivers to schedule deliveries and determine special needs.
* Coordinates and performs the delivery of medical supplies to patients or their representative in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
* Assists with the picking and packing of medical supplies and medications to fill patient orders
* Prepares and labels packages for safe shipping via UPS
* Performs deliveries of medications, enteral formulas, infusion and enteral supplies, pumps, poles and other related equipment, in a professional, safe, and timely manner.
* Maintains a daily route as directed by the Center Manager or Pharmacy Manager and records all stops on a daily log
* Presents and explains the delivery ticket and all patient rights and responsibilities as listed on the reverse side of the patient agreement and consent and obtains the necessary signature
* Obtains required signatures on all delivery tickets and other Lincare documentation, and submits such to the office on a daily basis. Documentation meets all requirements of Lincare policy and procedure, accreditation agency and state and federal law and regulation.
* Accurately notes any items that are not accepted during a delivery.
* Communicates special instructions pertaining to therapy storage to the patient or caregiver when requested.
* Communicates, immediately, to the facility manager any questions, concerns or issues regarding assigned area of responsibility including assignment, responsibility for customer care, and complaints from patients, caregivers or referral sources.
* Documents all required and requested information, including delivery information, patient information, caregiver information, and information regarding the use of equipment, education delivered, and expenses as required on the prescribed forms as described in Lincare Infusion policy and procedures, or regulations.
* May be required to confirm delivery tickets after delivery or shipment.
* Maintains the warehouse and all inventory items in a clean and organized manner.
* Cleans and tests rental equipment when returned to the center, in accordance with Lincare policies and procedures. Performs preventative maintenance procedures on pumps, as indicated and updates status of equipment in CPR+ Equipment Manager.
* Handles all medical waste or contaminated equipment according to safe handling techniques described in Company policy and procedure.
* Maintains company vehicle in clean and orderly manner, makes daily/monthly vehicle inspections assists or manages proper maintenance of company vehicle. Completes and submits proper paperwork per Lincare protocol
* Follows Lincare policies as indicated in the operations manual and training manuals, including those found in the Safety & Regulatory manual regarding General Safety, OSHA (includes the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment), FDA and Emergency Planning
* Observes legal and ethical guidelines for safeguarding the confidentiality of patient and proprietary Lincare information
* Participates as an on call driver as scheduled. Frequency of on call rotation is determined by the center size and the number of employees available to share in the responsibility. Must respond in a timely manner and record information on Service Call Report
* May serve as a backup to other employees for vacation, illness and other periods of absenteeism.
* Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE- High school diploma or GED. Access to a reliable means of transportation which will enable the employee to report to work in a predictable fashion. Basic level PC skills (for example: start up and shut down computer, use mouse to point and click, start and close programs, switch between programs, save files, print documents, access information on-line, etc.). Experience developing ways of accomplishing goals with little or no supervision, depending on oneself to complete objectives and determining when escalation of issues is necessary. Experience providing customer service to internal and external customers. Meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction. Willing to travel at least 80% of the time for business purposes. Must be 21 years of age, have good interpersonal, verbal and writing skills.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - Maintain a current insurable driver's license. Follows generally accepted safe driving practices and complies with all state and local traffic laws. Follows federal, state and local regulations. Complies with Lincare policy for Smith training program
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND EXPOSURE RISK - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, and smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, and peripheral vision, and depth perception. While performing the duties of infusion service technician/driver there may be routinely exposure to blood-borne pathogens and potentially infectious disease while caring for patients.
WORK ENVIRONMENT- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Lincare is an equal opportunity, access and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Lincare provides reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Because Lincare believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V