Ingredient Prep-2nd shift 8/17/2016
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
With the support of the Lead mixer and Production Supervisor the batch mixer and ingredient preparer are responsible for scaling out ingredients accurately according to product recipe specifications. ingredients are then mixed to set parameters of time and temperatures. The uniform dispersion and incorporation of the ingredients will develop into a homogeneous mixture for the targeted characteristics desired for processing the highest quality product standards expected by La Brea Bakery.
Essential Job Tasks:
* prepare ingredients accurately as specified by recipe; feed starters, sponges, mother, potatoes, peppers, onions, etc.
* prepare and mix ingredients to specified mixing time and temperature.
* Continually monitor and control temperatures of dough during the mixing process and the final mixing stage of the dough.
* Add ingredients in the order specified by recipe to obtain desired characteristics.
* Visually and physically verify the texture of the dough to assure targeted texture characteristics.
* Continually monitor and control ingredient inventory control.
* Assure that refrigerated ingredients are maintained in the coolers.
* Assure when specifications allow reuse of waste dough from the Rheon Line that it is incorporated back into the dough mixes by percentages allowed.
* Assure the weight scales are functioning accurately.
* Document mixing data accurately and timely.
* Maintain mixing equipment clean and sanitize.
* Identified batch containers accurately and weigh as required.
* Maintain coolers organized, clean; assure ingredients in coolers are identified.
* Maintain mixing and ingredient areas organized and clean.
* Lift and dump 50 lbs. flour bags consistently for short periods of times.
* Monitor that starter on floor does not exceed use time.
* Assure mixing documents are completed at the end of the shift and placed in their designated place.
40-50 hours per week, weekends, OT, Holidays as necessary
West Columbia, South Carolina, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.