Innovation Advisor-Health Sector Practice Lead 9/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Innovation Advisor-Health Sector Practice Lead
Return to Previous Page
RTI Innovation Advisors (IA) helps clients turn market and technology insights into new products, services and technologies that have meaningful human and business impact. IA enables innovation through a range of innovation and commercialization services, including innovation management, organizational innovation capabilities, market and technology intelligence, technology scouting and landscaping, and commercialization.
We are seeking a new team member to provide program leadership and direction, thought leadership, and client engagement to grow our innovation advising practice focused primarily on corporate health-sector clients. In collaboration with marketing, business development, and client managers, this individual is expected to bring industry-specific expertise, relationships, and know-how to define and execute a growth strategy. He/she will work with others in IA and across RTI to explore, formulate and conduct strategic projects relating to health innovation, and will assume significant industry/client-facing responsibilities to grow business and expand IA services with this important sector.
Candidate must demonstrate experience in the health sector, either within industry, within a business development capacity, or as a consultant. He/she should have a track record in leading teams and projects, as well as a strong sense of industry needs that can translate into growing the practice based on IA s value proposition. Candidate must be able to develop and execute a strategy that includes front-end client engagement activities, thought-leadership through publications and presentations, and collaboration with a team. He/she will support a range of clients and provide leadership to projects that include delivery of primary and secondary research, analyzing technologies and markets, interfacing with thought leaders, practitioners, and others involved in technology development. We are seeking team members with strong technical and market knowledge, as well as creative thinkers with design sensibilities and strong writing/communication skills. Within our health practice, the candidate will be required to cover and advise on emerging technologies across the health sector including but not limited to nutrition, devices, materials, consumer/OTC products, bio-actives, and other technologies associated with health, as well as market dynamics surrounding regulations, macro-level trends and their influence on innovation and policy.
* Develop and execute strategic plans that support pro-active and thoughtful growth. Identify and pursue specific client types expected to deliver long-term value. Develop specific capture plans, and work collaboratively with marketing, business development, and client manager teams. Deliver extensive industry-specific expertise, know-how, and relationships and cultivate current client relationships to retain and expand our project volume.
* Provide thought-leadership to strengthen IA s stature in health. Author whitepapers, craft editorials and opinion pieces, speak at health innovation conferences, and connect with various industry groups and firms to nurture partnerships and support efforts that position our group as innovation thought leaders within the health sector.
* Work with a team of Innovation Advisors to research and deliver findings for clients surrounding both the technological and market aspects of the health sector.
* Advanced degree in a health related science/technology discipline.
* 10 years of directly relevant work experience in the health sector: within industry, within a business development capacity, or as a consultant
* Interest in working in a team-based environment and willingness to support client needs in a fast-moving, entrepreneurial environment.
* High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to multi-task; creative thinker with strong visual and design sensibilities.
* Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics; strong communicator; proven people skills.
* Demonstrated consulting and business development skills
* 5+ years of work experience directly in innovation and/or strategic consulting
* Leadership skills commensurate for both project leadership and growth into future organizational leadership roles
RTI International is one of the world's leading research institutes, dedicated to improving the human condition by turning knowledge into practice. Our staff of more than 4000 provides research and technical services to governments and businesses in more than 75 countries in the areas of health and pharmaceuticals, education and training, surveys and statistics, advanced technology, international development, economic and social policy, energy and the environment, and laboratory testing and chemical analysis.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further information is available here.
RTI participates in the US Government E-Verify program. Further information regarding the E-Verify program and laws that are designed to protect you against discrimination relating to your legal right to work in the US can be found at www.rti.org/jobs
Return to Previous Page