This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/3/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160815-8103-JB
Company Name: Verisk Analytics
ISO Solutions, a Verisk Analytics company, is seeking an Innovation Associate to help us continue to drive innovation and organic growth. Verisk Analytics was recently named to Forbes 2015 Most Innovative Global Companies list, and we daily address some of the most defining issues of our time such as drones, cyber security, and driverless cars. As part of the Strategy and Business Operations division you'll work as part of a small, experienced team conducting market research, analyzing opportunities and supporting projects for various innovation and new product development initiatives. You will collaborate regularly with ISO Solutions executives on our offers to the insurance industry, including data products, analytics and insight, visualization tools and dashboards. As such, the successful candidate will ideally have some knowledge of the insurance industry; an ability to execute on research and analytic assignments; project management skills; sound judgment; advanced communications skills and a desire to work collaboratively with others.
* Perform research and analysis of market opportunities for current and new/adjacent ISO Solutions products. This will typically include estimating the size and growth of identified markets by researching specific use cases and personas; the number of potential users and modeling estimated spend on insurance information products to define market size and growth; researching trends impacting the target customers (use cases, personas) and their evolving needs, and identifying potential competitors serving specific customer segments.
* Provide project management support on various strategic assignments, including innovation and new product development projects on range of offers for the insurance industry.
* Build models and presentations to communicate results of research and analysis of market opportunity. Author and prepare business cases based on the research and analysis of opportunities and assessment of our capabilities.
* Manage multiple workstreams, track and report on progress against plan/milestones, create reporting tools for management.
* Support creation of Proof of Concepts, prototypes, or demonstration of product functionality.
Experience / qualifications:
* Bachelor of Arts or Sciences at minimum. Masters or MBA preferred.
* Minimum 3-5 years of experience preferably in insurance/financial services sector with some experience in strategic analysis of new markets and product opportunities, and project management of various strategy, innovation and product development initiatives.
* Demonstrated competency in strategic analysis including researching new market opportunities, estimating market size / growth, researching competitive landscape and analyzing customer segmentation. Able to build excel models on market opportunity and pro forma financial business case. Experience in building powerpoint presentations articulating strategic vision.
* Strong organizational/collaboration skills, ability to work with cross-functional teams, sound judgment and business communication skills. Working knowledge of data analytic visualization tools.
* Able to drive and coordinate projects, create metrics and track milestones for management reports, actively track milestones and record metrics for management reports.
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a work from home program, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please click Submit Now to apply.
A Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq: VRSK) business, Verisk Insurance Solutions is a leading source of information about property/casualty insurance risk. Drawing on vast experience in data management, security, and predictive modeling, Verisk Insurance Solutions includes the industry-leading brands ISO, AIR Worldwide, and Xactware. In the United States and around the world, Verisk Insurance Solutions helps customers protect people, property, and financial assets. For more information, visit www.verisk.com/insurance.
--Underwriting, --Product Development, --Financial Analysis/Research/Reporting, --Mergers & Acquisitions, Accounting/Finance, Insurance
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.