Inpatient Services RN
Fresenius Medical Care - Aurora, COThis job is no longer active. View similar jobs
- Fresenius Medical Car... Fresenius Medical Care
- Aurora, CO
- Job Type
- Job Classification
- Full Time
- not provided
- not provided
- Company Ref #
- AJE Ref #
- [+] More
Inpatient Services RN-1200082C
_Lead, inspire, motivate and develop a team of strong, versatile performers. Brighten prospects for patients as well as your career. Help others, and enhance your potential for success with a premier healthcare organization._
CONNECT WITH YOUR GOALS AND CHANGE LIVES
WITH FRESENIUS MEDICAL CARE NORTH AMERICA.
Use your passion for excellence to drive positive changeone patient at a time. Empower and encourage your team to learn and develop new skills. Established as the global leader in dialysis healthcare, we form powerful bonds among patients, their families, and our team members. Through this unique approach, we have built an atmosphere of clinical excellence and professional achievement. Offering vast training and development opportunities, we advance careers and the health of countless individuals.
WHY JOIN THE FRESENIUS TEAM?
Passion. Dedication. Knowledge. Motivation. Experience. These are the impressive qualities youll find in the Fresenius Leadership Team. Our strength in the North American market and extensive global network provide our employees with the best of both worldsthe friendliness of a local organization and the stability of a worldwide organizationfor diverse experiences and challenging career opportunities. When you join the Fresenius Medical Care team, youll be welcomed into a company that is built on the philosophy that our employees are our most important asset. Our career advantages include the following:
* Fresenius Medical Care is the nations largest provider of renal care, meeting the needs of more than 135,000 patients at 1,800 clinics throughout the country.
* Our well-established, trusted organization fosters a spirit of camaraderie, emphasizing friendly collaboration, professional support, and career development.
* Superior training, UltraCare(R) quality control, and certification procedures ensure your potential to succeed and advance as a professional.
* Competitive compensation and exceptional benefits.
* Outstanding tuition reimbursement program.
* Recognized among Fortunes Worlds Most Admired Companies in 2011.
* National Safety Award from CNA insurance companies for 11 consecutive years.
* Opportunities to give back by participating in philanthropy and community outreach programs.
Make the most of this exceptional opportunity to become part of a premier healthcare organization. The professional we select will provide efficient coordination and supervision of acute care staff. In addition, this individual will provide dialysis services to hospitalized patients as prescribed by physicians.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Inpatient Services RN functions as part of the Inpatient Services health care team to ensure provision of quality patient care in accordance with FMS policies, procedures, and training. Supports FMCNAs commitment to the Quality Enhancement Program (QEP) and Quality Assurance Initiative (QAI) Activities, including those related to patient satisfaction, through the delivery of care in a specialized care environment. Areas of practice are diverse, including, but not limited to, the fields of hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapies, and apheresis. Actively participates in process improvement activities that enhance the likelihood that patients will achieve the FMCNA Quality Enhancement Goals.
Supports FMCNAs mission, vision, values, and customer service philosophy. Adheres to all requirements of the FMCNA Compliance Program, and FMS patient care and administrative policies, in addition to contracted hospitals policies and procedures.
DUTIES / ACTIVITIES:
* Responsible for driving the FMS culture through values and customer service standards.
* Accountable for outstanding customer service to all external and internal customers.
* Develops and maintains effective relationships through effective and timely communication.
* Takes initiative and action to respond, resolve and follow up regarding customer service issues with all customers in a timely manner.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Delivers safe and effective patient care in compliance with established company standards; hospital contracted policies and procedures, inpatient renal services policies and procedures, as well as regulations set forth by the corporation, state, and federal agencies.
* Responsible for reporting all new or unusual incidents, information, complaints, or problems to the pertinent inpatient program manager and other parties to notify per the Adverse Event Report requirements.
* Collaborates with diverse healthcare team.
* Provides and requests information from other team members as they receive and discharge patients from care according to policy.
* Initiates, documents, and completes ongoing QAI activities including monthly reports as directed by the relevant inpatient program manager
* Responsible for the compliance, support and delivery of all relevant company and contracted facility policies and procedures.
* Responsible for direct patient care of assigned patients in the Inpatient Renal Replacement and Apheresis Services setting and providing the appropriate treatment technique for assigned patients as prescribed in all modality procedures, as appropriately defined - hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis, continuous renal replacement therapies, and apheresis.
* Responsible for assessing patient and family understanding of therapy regimen and conducting ongoing education for patients and their families regarding any assessed misunderstandings of therapy requirements facing the inpatient.
* Assesses patients responses to treatment therapy making appropriate adjustments and modifications to the treatment plan as indicated by the appropriately credentialed physician. Communicates problems or concerns to the inpatient program manager, appropriately credentialed physician, patient hospital primary nurse and others as indicated.
* Provides, supervises (if applicable), and monitors vascular/peritoneal access care according to established procedures.
* Responsible for the implementation, administration, monitoring, and documentation of patient's response to prescribed intradialytic transfusions, including appropriate notification of adverse reactions to physician and appropriate blood supplier.
* Collaborates and communicates with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and coordinate daily patient care plan to ensure continuity of care.
* Initiates and coordinates communication to FMS facility nursing staff and appropriate hospital personnel as needed.
* Ensures all physician orders are transcribed and entered into the medical record in a timely manner.
* Accurately documents all treatment information in the individual patient record.
* Reports any significant patient information to the correct health care team member(s) including the physician etc.
* May be assigned in-center patients on an as needed basis.
* Instructs hospital/facility staff on aspects of specialized care related to renal replacement and apheresis therapies.
* Appropriately completes any required documentation and contacts the inpatients chronic facility before hospital discharge to discuss the events of the hospitalization.
* Promotes and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean working environment maintaining environmental integrity and aesthetics.
* Cleans and disinfects dialysis machine surface, chair, equipment, and surrounding areas between treatments according to inpatient renal services policies and procedures.
* Conducts all tasks necessary for preparation for dialysis treatment and documents where appropriate.
* Performs all required pre-treatment dialysis machine alarm testing, including Pressure Holding Test (PHT).
* If applicable, initiates solution delivery system (SDS).