Inside Claims Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/21/2016
Erie Indemnity Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY More information about this job:
As an Inside Claims Representative in the Raleigh Branch Office, you will handle liability and property claims within designated authority. You will also resolve coverage and/or liability issues in accordance with applicable state insurance laws, regulations and field office procedures.
* This position works from the Raleigh Branch Office.
* There are two positions.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Good analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Ability to develop and maintain relationships.
* Ability to follow procedures.
* Strong interpersonal skills, including conflict resolution management.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills, including the ability to handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
* Good reading comprehension skills.
* Strong customer service orientation.
* Ability to operate a computer.
* Education Equivalents
* High school diploma or GED and three years of related claims handling or customer service experience required; or
* Associate s degree and 1 year of related claims handling or customer service experience required; or
* Bachelor s degree required.
* Completion of LOMASelect tests required.
* Passing score on LOMASelect tests preferred.
* Successful completion of Introduction to Insurance (INTRO) and Introduction to Claims (AIC 30) preferred.
* Willingness to obtain appropriate license as required by state.
* Position requires the incumbent to serve on the Emergency Response Team, which may include, but is not limited to, travel on short notice to other locations for periods in excess of two consecutive weeks.
* PHYSICAL QUALIFICATIONS (% of Time):
* Lifting: 0-20 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); 20-50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%); Over 50 lbs. Occasional (less than 20%)
* Driving: Rarely
* Pushing/Pulling: Occasional (less than 20%)
* Manual Keying/Data Entry: Frequent (50-80%)
It is the policy of ERIE to employ qualified people without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender identity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation. This basic policy of nondiscrimination applies to all aspects of employment, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, assignment, corrective action, compensation and discharge. Consistent with this policy, ERIE supports an inclusive workforce. - See more at: https://www.erieinsurance.com/about-us/equal-employment-opportunity#sthash.mq74ZXDB.dpuf
Additional BenefitsWellness Program
Financial Education & Counseling
Long Term Care Insurance
Short/Long Term Disability Income Benefits
Career Development Resources (Internal)
Tuition Aid Program
Some listed benefits are available for PT positions as well.