Inside Sales Associate
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Parsippany-Troy Hills, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONLooking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you like the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Inside Sales Associate will work cooperatively with outside sales team members and other members of the sales group in order to grow the existing customer base. The inside sales force will help meet or exceed the monthly sales plan, increase overall profitability, and increase customer satisfaction.
Direct Product Sales ( 30% )
* Execute marketing programs.
* All aspects of program administration including but not limited to rebates, program renewal requirements, lead follow up
* Qualify opportunities, coordinate with TM's for nurture and closure
* Through proactive calling campaigns
* Generate new and repeat sales by providing product and limited technical information in a timely manner.
* Determine customer needs and requirements
* Recommend alternate products application, etc.
Fostering Product Awareness ( 30% )
* Offer promotional coupons to distribution to help pull through business as provided.
* Utilize CRM to keep detailed notes and information on existing and potential customers - for outside sales team use.
* Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to improve product related sales and customer satisfaction when necessary.
* Communicate with customers to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction and resolve any issues or complaints; monitor delivery of products and services sold.
Information/Documentation Maintenance ( 20% )
* Provide accurate information regarding availability of in-stock items as needed.
* Fill requests for catalogs, information or samples. Assist Sr. Reps and Lead Specialist in sample and literature fulfillment
* Identify trends in customer satisfaction or dissatisfaction.
* Interpret data to assist territory managers in developing planned program development.
File Maintenance ( 20% )
* Setup and maintain accurate customer files in CRM on new targets/accounts (prospects) not previously know or recognized
* Log all activities pertaining to accounts contacts and prospects (leads)
Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES:
* Driving Execution
* Sales Ability and Persuasiveness
* Building Strategic Working Relationships
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
* Proficient with CRM, and other common office equipment and software
* Working knowledge of consumer preferences, product developments and GAF solutions
* Maintain and increase industry knowledge by reading trade publications and by attending sales meetings, vendor training and trade shows as deemed appropriate
* Advanced knowledge of order life cycle
* Proficient computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft CRM
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
* Various Microsoft platforms including but not limited to Excel, Word, Power Point
* Strong phone skills
* Excellent verbal & written communication skills
* Strong listening & presentation skills
* Ability to multitask, prioritize & manage time effectively
* Adaptable, positive
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V.
No search firms please.