Inside Sales/ Backup Driver
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Airgas South, a subsidiary of Airgas,USA, LLC. the nations leading distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases and welding supplies, has an Inside Sales position open at our Tarrant, AL location.
The Inside Sales Rep will act as a Sales Associate for our retail store by selling products to businesses and industrial customers. This position will also assist as a backup CDL Driver.
* Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related equipment to customers.
* Solicits sales with existing and potential customers and handles all associated paperwork to document those sales, quotes or other information which may need recording for future reference.
* Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hardgoods and maintains showroom displays.
* Assists customers with merchandise and loading and unloading cylinders.
* Demonstrates use of equipment and advises customers on equipment and materials needed and procedures to follow to complete tasks they wish to perform.
* Establish and maintain good customer relations and answers customer questions.
* Communicate in person and on the telephone with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times.
* Monitor customers needs and work with them to maintain proper hardgood and cylinder levels to minimize or eliminate emergency deliveries.
* Check accounts receivable status of accounts; talk with the salesman or credit department about past-due accounts and contact customer regarding payment as well as collect money as required.
* Physical receipt, checking and storage of delivered materials into the warehouse; performs inventory and handles distribution of all warehouse materials.
* Enforces policies for proper receipt, storage and distribution of materials; reviews invoices.
* Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed; including coding, costing and pricing.
* Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
* Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortage or outages.
* Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
* Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
* Deliver products to businesses, industrial, and medical gas customers intermittently
* Class A or B CDL with Hazmat and Airbrakes endorsements is a plus
* Operate forklift and other equipment as required.
* Assist with inventory, housekeeping, showroom displays, and demonstrations as required.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* High school diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
* Class A or B (CDL) drivers license with HazMat, or ability to get appropriate license and endorsements within 30 days is a plus.
* Customer service or sales experience.
* Industry and related product knowledge as well as experience handling compressed gases preferred.
* Computer experience or basic knowledge in computer order entry system.
* SAP knowledge and experience a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Excellent communication skills.
* Ability to analyze a customer's situation and help resolve customer problem.
* Team player with positive attitude.
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and background.
* Ability to handle cash transactions accurately.
* Ability to read and comprehend Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
* Ability to routinely lift 25 - 60 lbs. and frequent bending.
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours and repetitive motion also required.
* Must be able to work overtime, when necessary.
* Ability to perform functions during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free, tobacco-free workplace.
Looking for a great company to work for? You'll Find It With Us! Airgas South offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Tuition Reimbursement and more.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability