Inside Sales / Business Development Specialist Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
Inside sales specialist Team Leader role responsible for collaborating directly with our field-based Business Development Executives in the selling of professional and managed services to both existing clients (farming) and new logo prospects (hunting). This Player/Coach role will be the people manager (60%) for the small (4-6) person inside sales team while also managing a sales role (40%) him/herself. This role and the roles on the team are traditional Inside/Outside sales roles who are responsible for being core members of a BDE/BDS pursuit team. This individual will be a desk-based sales professional who has a proven track record of engaging with senior IT (CIO, VP Infrastructure, VP Applications, etc.), operations (COO, VP of Ops/Tech Ops, etc.) and line-of-business (CMO, CTO, CFO, VP Product, etc.) executives over the phone and via video conference and web conferencing tools. Being persistent at getting access to these executives and persuasive once reached will be keys to success. Strong collaboration skills are important to ensure seamless and productive BDE/BDS collaboration. An understanding of how to best team with marketing to execute prospect & nurture campaigns is also important. Expected outcomes are net new leads (cold calling / green field prospecting), qualified leads (MQLs, nurtured to SQLs), close sales, new contacts and client meetings. Sales targets will be set and shared with BDEs.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Lead and manage an Inside Sales team located predominantly (but not exclusively) in Boise, Idaho to collaborate with field sellers located in multiple locations (SF Bay Area, Denver, Boston, Los Angeles, etc.)
* Use publically available (e.g. Linked In), internally developed (segmentation framework) and paid-for (e.g. Avention), tools to identify and prioritize prospecting targets in collaboration with BDE counterpart
* Engage and make productive contact - landing the client value proposition with clarity and conviction - with decision makers and mobilizers within target accounts using phone, video conference, web conference
* Identify net new leads, nurture those leads by using a variety of tools (phone, video, web) and content approaches (whitepapers, case studies, references, webcasts, demos, ROI analyses) and pass leads to BDEs for in-field/in-person engagement
* Support BDEs in the daily and weekly coordination of in-person and phone meetings for established leads
* Collaborate with BDEs, remote sales engineers, consulting practice area leads, recruiting colleagues, customer success team members, marketing resources, operations staff and executive leadership to build a winning pursuit team for identified opportunities
* Build sales funnel for professional services (interim consulting talent, project & advisory services) and managed services (infrastructure management, service desk)
* Achieve Sales Quota cross all lines of business (IT Consulting, Managed Services) on a consistent monthly, quarterly and annual basis
SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Proven ability to sell both professional and managed services into Fortune 2000 accounts as a desk-based seller
* Proven ability to lead and manage a team of inside sellers- ensuring that they have strong discipline around daily/weekly activity sets, KPIs & metrics, training/development, and act as a cohesive, high morale unit
* Great collaboration skills preferably demonstrated in a prior inside/outside sales model
* Demonstrated competency in communicating complex IT value propositions (consulting and managed services) to senior decision makers
* Track record of hunting for new logos and farming existing accounts
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills- for email, phone, video and web
* Competency with research skills and industry acumen required to perform insight-based selling and to put IT solutions in the context of the most pressing (and funded) business challenges for new and existing clients
* Understanding of, and accountability for, daily, monthly, quarterly and annual sales metrics. Must be willing to embrace the requirements of funnel, forecast, territory planning, opportunity, lead and contract management discipline
* Understanding of target industries (technology, SaaS/ISV, healthcare/pharma/biotech, financial services) and solution areas (infrastructure management, service desk, DevOps, Security, Networking, SysAdmin, Data Center Consolidation/Migration, Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud)
EDUCATION: B.A./B.S. Degree is required (possible exceptions if offset by professional experience and track record).
EXPERIENCE: 5-7+ years of inside enterprise sales experience
COMPUTER & OTHER SKILLS
Salesforce.com experience a plus as is knowledge of or competency with sales process and tools (e.g. Challenger Sales, Miller-Heiman, etc.)
CERTIFICATES & LICENSES