Inside Sales Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Joseph T. Ryerson and Son, Inc., is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate service centers in cities across the United States and Canada. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are currently seeking a qualified Inside Sales Manager to join our Program Accounts Team located in our South-East Region office in Norcross, GA. Under the direction of the General Manager, you will manage and lead a team of Foundation Inside Sales Representatives as well as direct efforts to support profitable sales growth.
- Planning, assigning and directing work for team of Foundations Inside Sales Representatives
- Provide all coaching, sales mentorship and training for team members
- Provide a cohesive and collaborative culture promoting open, frequent communication
- Drive selection process for new team members as necessary
- Appraising associate performance including implementation of growth and development plans
- Sales contract management to include overseeing accuracy in contract information for customers' accounts
- Price book management
- Margin growth
- Inventory control and maintenance
- Price development for contractual business
- Other duties as assigned
Some travel is expected as needed to assist sales efforts in the field and to better know our customer base.
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of progressive levels of sales experience in the metals industry preferred
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated leadership abilities to include ownership of performance management responsibilities
- Knowledge of metals prices, inventory and quality
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) proficiency
- High commitment to meeting organizational goals and objectives.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.