Inside Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
Joseph T. Ryerson and Son., is a leading distributor and processor of metals in North America. Headquartered in Chicago, we operate service centers in cities across the United States and Canada. Ryerson offers an unparalleled range of products, leading processing and fabricating capabilities, a broad geographic reach, and an established commitment to superior service.
We are currently seeking a qualified Inside Sales Representative to join our Norcross, GA sales team. This is a transactional and relational position that works with internal and external customers in the sales function.
Responsibilities include the following:
* Daily interaction with large customer base on contractual and transactional business.
* Responding to customers quotations, needs, inquiries, and complaints.
* Administrative processing of customer orders (i.e. quotations and order entry).
* Sourcing for non stocked items and work order entry.
* Following up and out calling for direct sales.
* Sharing of any interaction and involvement with customers that might require the outside salesperson s attention, or may result in additional sales.
* Understanding the goals and concepts of our business and incorporating business goals to achieve sales and profitability.
* Working closely with territory managers, credit, inventory, systems, warehouse, and other departments in the company.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelors degree
* Minimum 1 year sales and/or customer service experience
* Aggressive, competitive, and self-motivated attitude
* Proficient with MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Strong math aptitude
* Detail oriented
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Problem solving / conflict resolution and negotiation skills
* Ability to work well and excel while working with a team or individual
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.