Inside Sales Representative-Fife
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY You'll Find It At Airgas!
Airgas has an exciting opportunity for an Inside Sales position in Fife, WA.
Ranked #42 out of Fortune's top 500 companies for shareholder return on investment, Airgas USA is the place for job opportunity and career growth. We're the nation's largest distributor of industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding supplies and related safety products. We're also the largest manufacturer of nitrous oxide in the U.S., and a leading supplier of dry ice. With over 1,100 retail and plant locations and over 17,000 employees nationwide Airgas is uniquely positioned to serve our diversified customer base.
You'll be selling one of the top brands in the industry!
Sells industrial, medical and specialty gases, welding equipment, power and hand tools, and other supplies to customers. Advises customer on tools, hardware, and materials needed, and procedure to follow to complete tasks customer wishes to perform. Informs customer about quality of tools, hardware and equipment, and demonstrates use. Arranges for delivery of cylinders and hardgoods. Stocks shelves, steel racks, counters and tables with merchandise and maintains showroom displays. Obtains or transfers merchandise requested by customers to and from other locations. Answers customers questions concerning location, price and use of merchandise. Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customers using computer, calculator and/or paper and pencil to prepare invoice. Accepts payment and makes change. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers and assists in loading and unloading cylinders. Fills customers' liquid oxygen vessels. Receives branch dock stock of cylinders and stores empties. Reconciles any cylinder stock discrepancy.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES :
* Ensure all required paperwork is accurately completed, including coding, costing, and pricing.
* Communicate by phone and in person with customers, sales staff, store managers and others, inquiring about and providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
* Establish and maintain good customer relations.
* Maintain neat, clean and professional personal appearance.
* Coordinate with purchasing department any product shortages or outages.
* Ensure all administrative and accounting related procedures are strictly observed.
* Fills customers' liquid oxygen vessels following all company and safety procedures.
* Responsible for receiving cylinder dock stock and reconciling discrepancies.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS :
* Ability to handle cash transactions accurately
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines
* Ability to routinely lift 25-50 pounds, and occasionally lift 51-80 pounds
* Ability to perform work during prolonged standing up to 8 hours. Frequent bending, stooping, crouching, reaching, grasping, feeling and repetitive motion also required.
* Ability to perform work during occasional climbing, balancing, kneeling, crawling, pushing, pulling and finger activities.
* Must be able to operate a forklift
* Ability to read and comprehend materiel safety data sheets
* Must be able to work occasional overtime, when necessary
* Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds
* High school diploma, or equivalent
* Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE DESIRED :
* Setup and promotion of welding equipment and processes
* Some experience in handling compressed gases
* Customer service or sales experience
* Computer skills or some knowledge of computer order entry system
Airgas offers a competitive compensation and benefits package (medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance, 401(k) plan, and more).
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability
See Job Description