Inside Sales Representative - Food Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
Brooklyn Park, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Summary:
The Inside Sales Representative works closely with the Sales team to meet and exceed targeted sales. Maintain standard pricing, develop pricing proposals and ensure that all orders are complete and ready for processing.
* Work closely with Account Managers to grow share, gain new product penetration and uncover opportunities and threats while promoting the portfolio of MOCON products.
* Working knowledge of MOCON sales and quote process, as well as MOCON's customer excellence policies
* Assisting account managers with qualifying customer application including coordinating customer trials
* Have a working knowledge of MOCON products and application
* Interact with other departments within MOCON to address Account Managers customer and questions
* Interact and work with customers at direction of account manager
* Assist account manager with coordinating of materials, demonstrations and presentation of products to customers
* Work with Account Manager to identify new business and cross selling opportunities
* Travel with Account Manager as needed up to 25%
* Other duties as may be necessary to fulfill the responsibilities of the department.
Education and Experience:
* 1-3 years of applicable customer service and/or sales experience.
* High school diploma required. Technical school or college preferred.
* Proven ability to establish profitable relationships with decision makers at companies and organizations.
* Strong ability in learning and executing new processes
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills including effective public speaking skills
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills in evaluating situations.
* Effective external communication skills with a strong customer orientation and attention to detail
* Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
* Highest level of honesty and integrity
* Up to 25% travel as required by territory and customer base
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
* This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Individuals with physical/mental disabilities are eligible for the position provided they can perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation unless the accommodation would cause an undue hardship.
* Requires a degree of concentration and attention to perform essential job functions. Achieves objectives by analyzing, evaluating and interpreting viable solutions. Periods of mental effort and concentration followed by other aspects of job with lesser concentration and attention requirements.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
* This is a full-time position. Standard business operation hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. These hours do not all to all positions. Please consult with supervisor on working hours for position. Also, this position may require additional hours of work as requested by business needs.