Inside Sales Representative - Library 9/17/2016
Baker & Taylor Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION:
Responsible for generating sales revenue and providing excellent customer service to library customers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (The following statements describe the general nature of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Additional responsibilities may be assigned by management):
* Handles incoming and outgoing calls to sell AV (DVD, Blu ray, Music CD) products and services to the library market in a defined territory.
* Work with existing customers to upsell B&T AV products and services, and gain new accounts in territory
* Enters orders (by fax, phone, or mail).
* Resolves customer problems.
* Faxes, files, and enters orders.
* Maximizes selling opportunities.
* Conducts surveys.
* Assists with special projects and training.
* High school graduate plus some additional vocational/technical training and one to three years experience.
* PC (word processing) skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence and speak effectively before customers or employees.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals and compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form and deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
* Knowledge, interest in contemporary popular culture; music and movies.
Office facility for inside sales and customer service - retail sales
This employer participates in E-Verify. Baker-Taylor will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. If the government cannot confirm that you are work authorized, Baker-Taylor is required to provide you written instructions and an opportunity to contact SSA and/or DHS before taking adverse action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employment here is based solely upon an individual's merit and qualifications directly related to the position. Baker & Taylor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, citizenship status, religion, national origin, sex, age, status as a Vietnam-era or disabled veteran, marital status, ancestry, sexual orientation, or disability. We make all reasonable accommodations to meet the obligations set forth under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state disability laws.