- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Inside Sales Representative - Ryerson Academy
Joseph T. Ryerson & Son, Inc., a leader in metals distribution and fabrication in the U.S., is currently seeking Inside Sales Representatives to join our team during our five-month training program, Ryerson Academy, and in a sales market thereafter. Ryerson Academy, which takes place in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is designed to introduce and solidify knowledge related to all facets of the metal industry, Ryerson as a company, and inside sales. During the Ryerson Academy, employees will learn from experienced employees throughout the Company, meet Ryerson s senior management and executives, and will be coached one-on-one by current Inside Sales Representatives on the sales desk. Upon completion of the Academy, employees are relocated to one of Ryerson s facilities located throughout the U.S.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Attends and participates in classroom-based and hands-on training, covering topics such as sales skills, negotiation skills, product training, etc.
* Interacts frequently with a large customer base across multiple geographic markets on contractual, transactional and fabrication business
* Responds to customer quotation requests, needs, inquiries, and complaints/concerns
* Processes customer requests (i.e. quotations and order entry)
* Sources for items that Ryerson does not stock
* Generates sales leads through proactive communication and marketing efforts
* Understands the goals and concepts of our business and incorporates business goals to achieve sales and profitability
* Works closely with different departments throughout the Company (i.e. credit, procurement, operations)
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Bachelor s degree
* Customer service or sales experience preferred
* Ability to relocate after completion of the Academy training
* Microsoft Office proficiency (Word, Excel)
* Attention to detail while balancing multiple tasks/priorities
* Results-focused, competitive and self-motivated attitude
* Strong interpersonal communication skills; ability to connect quickly with a diverse group of people
* Problem solving and negotiation skills; understanding of value creation and opportunity
* Ability to work well within a team or individually
* Ambitious attitude with potential and desire to grow within the organization
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.