Inside Sales -Total Access Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 11/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description:
To increase sales, gross profit and new account generation by working jointly with geographically assigned Field Generalists and Specialists. To establish new customers and expand business with existing customers through professional negotiation of pricing and use of sales skills, excellent customer service practices and accurate product knowledge over the telephone.
Duties & Responsibilities :
1. Attend all applicable Company training events to remain current on product knowledge, competitive information, sales skills and new procedures. Also enhance these skills through self-study, coaching sessions with management to review phone calls or target areas for improved performance.
2. Maintain phone-time, call productivity and new account generation as well as other measures required by Management. While call volume is important in this role, the position involves good communication and collaboration with the field sales teams and to increase sales and gross profit.
3. To make and accept customer telephone calls and provide honest, sincere and courteous assistance to the customer's needs including necessary follow up to ensure that the customer's expectations are met, or exceeded. Handle all aspects of a customer's questions and requests honestly and professionally.
4. Provide written and verbal pricing quotes to customers in an organized, timely and professional manner.
5. Maintain rolling account information in to include contact information, quoting, samples sent, competitive information and other recent activity data needed to handle the account reaching out to the customers within the assigned territory once monthly at a minimum.
6. Maintain pertinent penetration data in SAP. This data should include: employee size, contact information, annual spend information, mailing list components, etc.
7. Use VC01N to schedule call planning, making sure to maintain a minimum of monthly contact with customers.
8. Follow all policies as defined in the Company policy manual including but not limited to the Antitrust Policy & Code of Ethics.
9. Work with all Associates in a professional manner at all times.
10. Potentially be called upon to train peers on topic with of which you have a strong understanding. Support Team Members either while out of office, or during the business day when called upon and can assist.
11. Perform any other duties that are assigned by Management to the best of the Associate's ability.
12. Communicate ideas to enhance the program with Sales Management openly.
13. Follow all written and verbal procedures.
14. Attend occasional store events, customer calls or regional/area meetings. Light travel.
Education / Experience Requirements:
* High School Diploma or GED equivalent required
* Bachelors Degree a plus
* Working experience with direct customer contact / customer service preferred
* Basic computer knowledge such as Microsoft Office and / or SAP preferred
* Able to calculate figures and apply concepts of basic algebra in determining gross margin, gross profit %, actual to goal figures, and freight considerations.
* Knowledge of PPE / Safety products and/or welding process application extremely helpful.
* Effective verbal communication, follow-up, and rapport building skills.
* Well organized.
* Able to prioritize accurately and manage multiple tasks.
Continuous sitting while using the computer terminal and/or telephone; constant use of sight while reviewing documents; constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication. Ability to occasionally lift up to 20 pounds.
Work is conducted in office environment with no unusual hazards. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability