Inside Sales and Service Specialist II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOBHAM IS SEEKING INSIDE SALES & SERVICE SPECIALIST II. THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN DAVENPORT, IA.
* Plans and delivers pre- and post-sales services and support to clients/customers as part of a dynamic team in a fast-paced, aerospace and defense manufacturing environment
* Performs telephone selling and provide information on existing products and services
* Provides pricing information to current and prospective customers
* Develops and obtains approval of pricing where current pricing does not exist but the unit has been sold in the last 3 years
* Generates and follow-ups on leads with outside sales team members
* Independently initiates calls and closes quotes resulting in orders that meet profit and sales (revenue and bookings) targets
* Performs negotiations including pricing, delivery schedule and standard order requirements
* Receives and processes orders
* Participates in customer meetings
* Coordinates internal team efforts required to support quotes and orders
* Manages assigned customer accounts driving improved customer relationships
* Provides repair pricing for assigned product family
* Acts as point of contact for repair investigations for assigned customers
* Dispositions and actions warranty claims
* Forecasts orders based on communication with the customer and outside sales team members
* Responsible for supporting the rolling 18 Month Order Forecast by Product Family and respective Value Stream(s) against prior month and budget for assigned customers
* Supports assigned customer audits as required
* May arrange and provide for shipment and demonstration of products by sales personnel
* Bachelors Degree
* 3 years of experience in Sales, Business Development or Contracts Administration within a Business-to-Business setting
* 3 years of experience in contract acceptance and sales order creation
* Experience with government and commercial quotations and orders
* Due to export compliance, must be a U.S. Citizen or lawful U.S. Permanent Resident
* Experience in the Aerospace Field or Military Logistics preferred
* Customer Relationship Management (CRM) experience
* Prior experience in contract acceptance and sales order creation in UARs and FAR/DFARs
* Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) experience; Oracle highly preferred
* Experience in government and regulatory audits
* Knowledge of FARs and DFARs
COBHAM\'S values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us from our launch in 1934 by Sir Alan Cobham, an aviation innovator, to becoming a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. And its the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you.
COBHAM is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust COBHAM to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
See all of our latest opportunities at WWW.COBHAMCAREERS.COM OR FOLLOW US ON OUR LINKEDIN PAGE AT WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/COMPANY/COBHAM.
To be considered you must apply by going to WWW.COBHAMCAREERS.COM.
Job Category: Sales & BD
Primary Location: US-Iowa-Davenport
Organization: Cobham Mission Systems Davenport
Recruiter: Theresa Zens