Inspection & Finishing- GER02011
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Inspection/Finishing Operator Job Description
Safety: Maintain Housekeeping in area. Observe and follow all plant and departmental safety rules
and regulations. Maintain a safe work environment. Attend safety meetings. Report/repair any
unsafe condition, behavior or equipment.
Practices: Operates all equipment in Inspection and Finishing (I&F) areas. Has proven abilities to
problem solve Inspection/Finishing issues. Assures customer requirements and specifications
Quality: Performs all operation and use of gauges and measurement tools, such as micrometers, dial
calipers, 3' straight edge, feeler gauges and gauss meter. Performs testing equipment verification.
Maintenance: Performs preventative maintenance, trouble shoots and corrects/repairs equipment
malfunctions and breakdowns. Assists Maintenance and Engineering where needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Setup Chamfer 1 in a reasonable time period (15 minutes except for small bar) and run it at the expected rate
- Accurately enter data into HTIS in a timely fashion (hourly)
- Complete tallies correctly
- Run the VAL at expected rate
- Setup and run the Everett saw at expected rate
- Setup and run the Savage saw at expected rate
- Run the demag
- Run the 6 roll straightener
- Know how to unload trucks including where material goes
- Run transfer car
- Know where material goes, e.g., tube to four, color
- Follow procedures
- Empty transfer car without being told
- Willing to learn and be trained
- Follows safety procedures at all times (PPE, near misses)
- Communicate with Facilitator
- Perform tool board audits
- Clean-up area
- Perform crane inspections
- Perform sling inspections before use The Individual
A high school diploma or GED is required. Three or more years experience in a manufacturing
environment (or equivalent experience) is preferred Salary & Benefits
* Medical and Prescription
* Health & Dependent Care (Flexible Spending Account)
* Basic Life/Accidental Life Insurance
* Health Advocate Services
* Employee Assistance Program
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
Additional Agency Job Board Text Application Process
Gerdau believes in equal employment opportunity related to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Gerdau that there will be no discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or other legally protected status. All external applicants must be legally eligible to immediately work in the country of hire without current or future sponsorship
If you are vision-impaired or have some other disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Gerdau, please contact our Talent Acquisition Team at (866) 788-2798 or email@example.com.