Inspection Sales - Intern
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 2/8/2017
Downers Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us: Shambaugh & Son L.P., a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., is a construction/engineering firm. We specialize in the Design/Build method of construction resulting in fast-track delivery of the project improvements to our clients. We are one of the largest specialty contractors in the U.S. and the only one with all eight M.E.P ( Mechanical, Electrical, Process, Automation, Refrigeration, HVAC, Plumbing, and Fire Protection) design and installation capabilities in-house. We perform over $550 million of construction projects per year with over 1,800 employees throughout 49 states from our home office in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
Our success has been driven by our ability to attract and retain knowledgeable and seasoned professionals to work on the Shambaugh team. As we continue to build on our Shambaugh success story, we are looking to complement our existing experienced engineering staff with motivated and talented individuals who are interested in expanding their engineering knowledge and gain valuable work experience.
Shambaugh & Son is proud to be the Design-Builder of 5 U.S. Food Plant of the Year award winning facilities since 1990! No one else in the U.S. has been recognized more than twice. We have reached this seemingly impossible achievement by not only building buildings so our clients can build their business, but by striving for excellence in everything we do! We bring value added with not only our unique Design-Build, self-perform approach, but leverage our industry s #1 Food Plant experienced team to design streamlined, significantly more efficient plants and improved processes.
At Shambaugh we recognize people as our most important resource, and it is our mission to produce the industry s highest level of quality services, safety and productivity on every project in order to develop repeat customers, maximize return on investment, and provide professional growth opportunities for people in the organization.
Job Title: Inspection Sales - Intern ( Downers Grove, IL)
This position is responsible for selling new Inspection Contracts, Service Agreements, and more.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Generate sales of new Inspection Agreements and other services using identifying, prospecting, qualifying and other sales techniques. Grow customer base.
* Pursue potential clients through existing customer data bases
* Prepare written quotes and contracts for inspection services
* Follow-up with customers in a timely manner to ensure sale is captured
* Assist the customer over the phone in emergency situations
* Other duties as assigned
* Project Manage projects for larger accounts
* Ability to multi-task
* Flexibility with schedule changes or a daily basis
* Ability to travel through all of Chicagoland and possibly Northwest Indiana.
* Currently enrolled in a Marketing or Sales degree program
* Become knowledgeable of NFPA Fire Protection codes and NFPA 25
* Sales experience preferred.
* Sprinkler knowledge preferred
* Valid driver s license and excellent driving record
* Must be disciplined and self-motivated to work with limited supervision
* Excellent communicator and have great organizational skills with a positive attitude
* Passionate attitude while making multiple cold calls and more.
* Believe that customer service is the first priority
* Electronic organized with expedient computer skills.
* Provide customer service first.