This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 11/24/2016
Cape May, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Under close supervision, performs routine inspection which will develop work knowledge and abilities requiring application of standard techniques, procedures and criteria. Projects to include Municipal, Roadways, Water/Wasteawater, Sewer/Storm Water and Coastal improvements.
* Receives interpretation of designs and specifications from Engineer in Charge, as required.
* Requests change orders from the Engineer in Charge.
* Monitors performance of contractors.
* Has some initial supervised exposure to clients.
* Receives direction for solutions from Engineer in Charge.
* Utilizes uniform quantity recording and reporting procedures.
* Performs routine inspection services while maintaining a closely supervised liaison between supervisor and contractor.
* Is familiar with and proficient in the operation of survey equipment such as the Total Station/Data Collector, Self-Leveling Level, and Global Positioning System.
* Places marks, stakes, pins, monuments and is familiar with commonly used surveying terms.
* Familiar with the use and care of survey tools and other survey field equipment used for measuring, sighting, and leveling.
* Holds survey rod and measures correct distances using tape.
* Obtains data pertaining to angles, elevations, points, and contours using various surveying instruments.
* Compiles notes, sketches, and records of data obtained and work performed and keeps same in a field book.
* 2-10 years experience with construction inspection on Municipal projects, Roadway preferred.
* 2-Year Construction Engineering Technology or degree (or equivalent) a plus.
* Must have an interest in a career in construction observation and inspection for all types of public infrastructure projects which may include projects in the municipal/ county transportation sectors.
* NICET certifications are required, NICET Level II or III and desire to pursue further NICET certifications as career progresses.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk and hear, and is frequently required to stand or walk. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to feel objects, tools, or controls, and to stoop and kneel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in outside weather conditions. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in high, precarious places. The noise level in the work environment varies..