This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 2/2/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONA WORLD OF OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
* The basic function of this position is to perform inspections, testing and preventative maintenance of SimplexGrinnell Fire Alarm Systems as well as competitor panels. Must be able to work with minimal supervision
* Combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in depth knowledge of team objectives
* Carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds, the inspector will work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 ft., working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceiling, etc.
* Maintain all SimplexGrinnell manuals, vehicles, tools, equipment, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and policies and in a professional manner
* Properly complete all reports, such as, mileage and monthly vehicle reports, as well as, the maintaining of adequate inventory levels within assigned inspection vehicles in like new condition
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* High School or Equivalent, Associates Degree a
* Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets Company requirements
* Must have excellent communications skill, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
* Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and local codes. Must possess and retain NICET LEVEL II certification with three (3) years of hire
* Must be proficient in the use of test equipment, such as multi-meters, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
REWARDS AND BENEFITS:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. A world of opportunity awaits you at HTTP://WWW.TYCO.COM/CAREERS