This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
Inspector IV - Sprinkler (Savannah, GA)
DON\'T LET THIS OPPORTUNITY GO UP IN SMOKE. With over one million customers in the US and Canada, SimplexGrinnell is growing and offering huge opportunities for professional growth, and you can be part of it. We are the leader in fire and life safety support. Our work is vital - we sell, install, and service state-of-the-art fire alarm, sprinkler, suppression, integrated security, sound and healthcare communication systems and services. We are currently seeking a qualified Fire Sprinkler Inspector for our Savannah, GA area.
The primary function of this position is to provide reliable, high quality customer support through on-site inspecting and preventive maintenance services performed on SimplexGrinnell and other manufacturer's equipment and are able to document deficiencies found during an inspection. Applies experience and /or skills acquired through formal training to procedures, policies and understanding of team objectives. Anticipates problems and recognizes when to deviate from standard practices. Selects appropriate procedures to resolve problems which may involve uncommon variations. Candidate must possess excellent written/verbal communication and outstanding customer service skills. Professional appearance and attitude are a must.
* At least 18 years of age
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
* Must have a valid driver's license, and a clean driving record
* Need to have 5 years of experience in all fire sprinkler systems wet, dry, deluge, and pre-action
* Required to have a full understanding of all NFPA and local codes that apply (NFPA 25, Life safety 101)
* Must have an understanding of all fire codes and ability to discern deficiencies in the system being inspected
* Must obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and local codes
* NICET Level III certification preferred
* Only applicants that possess the minimum qualifications will be considered, please do not respond if you do not meet those noted above. Not all applications will receive a response, only the top candidates will be notified. Candidates must successfully complete an employment background investigation and drug screening. SimplexGrinnell offers excellent compensation and benefits program, including educational assistance, employee stock plan and matching 401(k) plan. For more information on SimplexGrinnell, please review our home page at: www.simplexgrinnell.com.