This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 1/5/2017
Tyco Fire and Security
New York City, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAs the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
We are currently looking to hire an Installation Supervisor in NYC.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
* Working Supervisor with functional responsibility for small team of para-professionals
* Responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery and interface with other trades to successfully complete projects while exceeding customers expectations
* Combines working knowledge of technical/professional principles and concepts with in-depth knowledge of team objectives
* Ensures the quality and service of self and others
* Manages workflow to accommodate volume and special project demands Meet customer expectations while performing quality installations
* Professionally represent the company at all times
* Learn to complete Service Acknowledgement with proper coding through communicating devices, such as laptop computers and/or hardcopy
* Learn to troubleshoot, repair and program all types of Communication and Security Systems
* Complete assigned installations on time and on budget
* Perform other duties as directed
* Minimum Experience: 5 years functional, 0-2 years managerial
* Knowledge of low voltage wiring, basic computer operation and troubleshooting techniques required
* High School Diploma or equivalent required, Preferred Education: University Degree
* Must have excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers
* Must have strong organizational skills, a positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing a ladder, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces above ceilings, etc.
* Able to adhere to and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times
* Must be proficient in the use of personal computers
* Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision
* Have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test
* NICET certification is a plus
* Be able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local Codes
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
* 80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
* More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
* 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
* 300 international airports
* 100 major stadiums around the world
* Most of the Fortune 500
* 50% of US universities
* Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it. Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance.
A world of opportunity awaits you at http://www.tyco.com/careers