This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
INSTALLER - SIMPLEXGRINNELL
ABOUT THE ROLE
* Effectively communicate with Operations and the customer to ensure accurate completion of work required and explain work performed to the customer in terms they can understand
* Study and map work thought reading blueprints, diagrams, schematics, various software programs, systems and manuals
* Provide quality, proactive service through service inspections and installer support
* Will work in small cramped spaces such as ducts, crawl spaces and ceilings and lift and transport equipment and tools (may weight over 40 #) like ladders, scaffolding and power tools
* Conduct all work safely, wearing PPE, when required and follow OSHA and SimplexGrinnellstandard operating procedures at all times
* Accurately maintaining job site documentation, i.e. time sheets, as-built drawings, technical documents, and required items
* Maintain a clean and safe work area, always pick up and dispose of all trash associated with SimplexGrinnell work
* Properly secure all SimplexGrinnell tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss
* Occasionally work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer installation requirements
* Overtime will be required from time to time through the rotating on-call schedule
#externalREWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
* Networking and computer programming skills desired
* Hand tool, power tool, and multi-meter usage experience
* Demonstrated ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* 1 years experience in low voltage installation, preferably fire alarm installation
* Successfully pass background check, drug screen and maintain a clean driving record, one that is within SimplexGrinnell required guidelines