This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/20/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
East Syracuse, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have a solid team of talented employees to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
FIRE SPRINKLER INSTALLER III
* Fire Sprinkler Installers are responsible for the installation, service, and repair of fire protection systems including: wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam suppression systems, as well as fire pumps and backflow devices.
* Responsible for the execution of the installation project plan including equipment delivery, accurately forecasting installation hours, anticipating potential challenges and properly securing all tools and equipment at the end of each work period so as to prevent damage or loss.
* Applies judgment based on practice and precedence. May allocate work as a team leader, bringing all changes, discrepancies, and coordination problems that impair installation activities to the immediate attention of the construction manager.
* Frequently resolves problems through the research of multiple alternatives. Must maintain proper documentation for all work performed.
* May review project drawings to obtain all facts necessary to perform installation activities according to specifications.
* Must be able to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements.
* May be required to participate in a scheduled after hours on-call rotation.
* Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures.
* 5-10 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems or equivalent mechanical background.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities
* Ability to work flexible hours.
* Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
* Excellent communication skills, using tact and diplomacy when dealing with customers and team members.
* Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
* Possess a valid drivers license and driving record that meets company requirements.
* Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
* Able to obtain and retain any licenses required by National, State and Local codes.
* OSHA/MSHA/NICET Certifications a plus
REWARDS AND BENEFITS
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.