This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/2/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Service fire alarm systems, intrusion, CCTV, and building accesscontroland intercom systems
* Install, repair and alter electrical systems for all locations.
* Determine procedural changes, tools, materials and equipment.
* Wiring new equipment according to blueprints and also troubleshooting existing systems.
* Repair electronic components using electronic test equipment and replacement parts.
* Diagnose and repair and/or replace damaged or broken wires, cables and faulty electrical components of machines such as relays, switches, and control panels.
* Install, maintain and repair machinery, equipment, physical structures, and electrical systems of industrial machinery and facilities in accordance with electrical code specifications, blueprints, manuals, and electrical schematics and diagrams.
* Maintain and update schematics, drawings, and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of those changes.
* Be proficient at servicing, maintaining and programming fire alarm systems, security systems, nurse call, intercom and CCTV systems.
Who were looking for:
* Five (5) years of experience in interior and exterior wiring and the repair of electrical equipment and appliances.
* Must have NICET II and IA State License
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
* Excellent Industrial Electrical Problem Solving and Troubleshooting Skills.
* Good customer interaction skills and the ability to think on your feet are required.
* Ability to communicate with various company personnel and co-workers in regards to work orders.
* Must pass pre-screening processes (background, drug, reference screening) required.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
Job: Installation & Service
Primary Location: United States-Hickory, NC
Shift: Day Job