This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
West Columbia, SC
JOB DESCRIPTIONA world of opportunity awaits you
As the leader in the fire protection and security industry, weve been keeping homes and buildings safe for decades. But were always looking for ways to do more. And as we look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more connected, its vital that we have talented Installation and Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always at their best.
This is your opportunity to make a contribution to the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.
About the role:
* Duties include, but are not limited to: exhibiting effective customer service skills
* Ability to understand basic electronics/electricity, install EMT conduit, wire mold and associated hardware based on NEC requirements
* Reading and understanding in depth electric diagrams, schematics, and software/systems programs
* Trouble shooting and repairing low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of low voltage equipment
* Availability to work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer requirements, operating company vehicle, ability to work with others, perform other duties as directed and deemed necessary for this position.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* Minimum 3-5 years experience within the electrical construction business.
* 2 year trade school certificate preferred but not required.
* Understanding proper use of mechanical and electric hand tools.
* NEC code experience preferred.
* Understand site safety requirements such as OSHA standards.
* Experience and proficiency reading electrical and mechanical drawings.
* A working knowledge of test equipment such as digital multi meter, digital analyzers, battery analyzers, frequency meters, decibel meters, and communicating devices.
* Must be able to carry and move equipment and tools weighing up to 40 pounds.
* Must be able to follow verbal and written instructions.
* Must have valid drivers license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
* Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Tycos mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives, improve businesses and protect the places where people live and work. Our products and solutions help to protect:
80% of the worlds top 200 retailers
More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
300 international airports
100 major stadiums around the world
Most of the Fortune 500
50% of US universities
Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.
A world of opportunity awaits you at HTTP://WWW.TYCO.COM/CAREERS