Sprinkler Installer 9/13/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms.
SPRINKLER INSTALLER - SimplexGrinnell
About the role:
Fire Sprinkler Installation employees are responsible for the installation, service, and repair of fire protection systems including: wet, dry, pre-action, deluge, and foam suppression systems, as well as fire pumps and backflow devices. Must adhere to all company safety policies and procedures and maintain proper documentation for all work performed. Anticipates problems and recognizes when to deviate from standard practices. Brings all changes, discrepancies, and coordination problems that may impair installation activities to the immediate attention of the construction manager. May work alternative shifts or weekends to meet customer and/or job requirements. May be required to participate in a scheduled after hours on-call rotation. Emphasis is on manual skills.
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR:
* 2-4 years documented experience in installation and service of fire sprinkler systems or equivalent mechanical background.
* High School Diploma or equivalent required.
* Follow verbal and written instructions.
* Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools weighing up to 70 lbs.
* Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult positions such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 60 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
* Must be able to read and understand construction blueprints, diagrams, and specifications used in installation activities.
* Ability to work flexible hours.
Rewards and benefits:
Well expect a lot from you, but well also make sure we recognize and reward your contribution. And well always do everything we can to help you achieve a healthy work-life balance. Wherever you join us, youll find we have a range of benefits and rewards designed to help you be at your best both in work and out of it.