Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in design, manufacture, installation and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm, access control, security, CCTV and communication systems. Our continued growth has produced a need for the following position in the Harrisonburg, Staunton, VA area.
Duties include, but are not limited to: installing and repairing low voltage wiring and associated devices for the operation of fire alarm and associated systems. Availability to work alternative shifts, weekends, some out of town work to meet customer requirements, install fire alarm, CCTV, access control, security and communication systems. Job entails wiring new equipment according to blueprints, plan layout and install wiring, conduit and electrical apparatus in facilities. Maintain and update schematics, drawings and documentation files on equipment and notify engineering of changes.
* Must have high school diploma or GED
* 3 - 5 years in low voltage installation experience preferred
* Knowledge of NFPA and NEC codes
* Must be able to carry and move equipment weighing up to 40 pounds
* Must possess hand tools and experience using power tools
* Must have a valid driver's license and a driving record that meets company requirements.
* Must pass drug screen and background check
* Must be able to obtain DCJS certification
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Ability to work with a team